Have this old Remington Double Blade Pocket Knife

The Remington Corporation and the knives that they built have influenced the U.S. cutlery industry more than nearly any other manufacturer. From the time America was settled, to the end of WWI, American knife companies struggled to compete with Britain and German imports, but events that occurred during and after the First World War led to a great change in this phenomenon. Unprecedented opportunities arose, and Remington stepped up to seize the moment. In the process, they created some of today's most prized collectables. In an ironic twist, the next World War played the greatest role in ending the company’s domination of the industry.
BurkinshawFan

Have this old Remington Double Blade Pocket Knife

Post by BurkinshawFan »

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum and I have this old Remington pocket knife that I would like some more info about. The blades have turned black, not sure whether someone turned them black or what, but it makes the tang marks basically impossible to read. I am fairly certain it's 1933-1935 due to the very faint tang mark. It's impossible to see the tang mark on camera, barely possible in person. I am wondering if anyone is interested in it as I would like to trade it for another knife. I like Remington, but it's not my favorite brand. Please let me know if you would like to know anything about it or have some more info on it, my wants are in my signature, thanks.
Attachments
IMG_3110.JPG
As you can see, the blades are sort of a dark gray/black.
As you can see, the blades are sort of a dark gray/black.
Looking for these knife brands in this order of preference: Burkinshaw, Western, Kabar, Buck, Case, White Stag, Southington and Remington.
btrwtr
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Have this old Remington Double Blade Pocket Knife

Post by btrwtr »

Nice looking little Remington there. Not my cup of tea but looks to be in great shape. I'd bet the black might come off the blades with a soft rag and a little semi-chrome polish. Any etch out on the master blade? Any pattern number on the back of the master blade tang?

Wayne
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.

Wayne

Please visit My AAPK store https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/btrwtr
msteele6

Post by msteele6 »

Probably going to be an R8003.

That's one of the few Remington's that doesn't have a tang stamp on both blades. The file is generally unstamped.

Nice old knife.
BurkinshawFan

Post by BurkinshawFan »

Thank you, and all that you can see on the blade is the Remington logo in the small circle that says made in USA around it, and that is very faint due to the blade being black. The file does not have a number or stamp on it as well, only the master blade.
btrwtr wrote:Nice looking little Remington there. Not my cup of tea but looks to be in great shape. I'd bet the black might come off the blades with a soft rag and a little semi-chrome polish. Any etch out on the master blade? Any pattern number on the back of the master blade tang?

Wayne
Looking for these knife brands in this order of preference: Burkinshaw, Western, Kabar, Buck, Case, White Stag, Southington and Remington.
BurkinshawFan

Post by BurkinshawFan »

That sounds right to me, I've been trying to clean the blades up but having no luck, I tried using Noxon metal polish, any more suggestions?
msteele6 wrote:Probably going to be an R8003.

That's one of the few Remington's that doesn't have a tang stamp on both blades. The file is generally unstamped.

Nice old knife.
junebug

Post by junebug »

HERE YOU GO...MAKES A FILE = CLEAN AS A WHISTLE ::nod::

http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/kni ... RB#p438171

YES , THAT IS THE SAME MODEL REMINGTON KNIFE I DID, THAT YOU HAVE. ::woot::
"Because tellin' people , i like having a SPYDIEHOLE sounds sooo much better than a THUMBHOLE"
- Junebug 2016
BurkinshawFan

Post by BurkinshawFan »

Sweet thanks, I'll have to try that.
junebug wrote:HERE YOU GO...MAKES A FILE = CLEAN AS A WHISTLE ::nod::

http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/kni ... RB#p438171

YES , THAT IS THE SAME MODEL REMINGTON KNIFE I DID, THAT YOU HAVE. ::woot::

Return to “Remington Knife Collector's Forum”