Old Jack Knife

The Remington Corporation and the knives that they built have influenced the U.S. cutlery industry more than nearly any other manufacturer. From the time America was settled, to the end of WWI, American knife companies struggled to compete with Britain and German imports, but events that occurred during and after the First World War led to a great change in this phenomenon. Unprecedented opportunities arose, and Remington stepped up to seize the moment. In the process, they created some of today's most prized collectables. In an ironic twist, the next World War played the greatest role in ending the company’s domination of the industry.
smiling-knife

Old Jack Knife

Post by smiling-knife »

It's not in the greatest condition, but I like the bone scales. Looks like a 1920s-30s era knife but not my area of expertise. What do you think?
Attachments
DSC_1036 (2).jpg
DSC_1037 (2).jpg
Rust Never Sleeps
MrBlister

Re: Old Jack Knife

Post by MrBlister »

i'd sure say its an oldie.. nice find
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

A good working mans packer. As I recall it's their oldest stamp. Could be wrong.
Rat tail bolsters and all. I like it.
How's the action on it?
Joe
smiling-knife

Post by smiling-knife »

Thanks for the comments guys. The action is great. Both blades snap nicely open and closed and have 1/2 stops.
Rust Never Sleeps
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

::tu::
Joe
wlf

Post by wlf »

Nice to see ya Steve. You've done an amazing job accumulating your extraordinary collection.

Seems we have access to many more knives.
I buy roosters combs and farmers..........................................................jack knives [/b]

GEC SFOs and others at LICK CREEK CUTLERY- www.allaboutpocketknives.com/wlf

May the Father and Son bless
Lyle

Return to “Remington Knife Collector's Forum”