Remington Scout

The Remington Corporation and the knives that they built have influenced the U.S. cutlery industry more than nearly any other manufacturer. From the time America was settled, to the end of WWI, American knife companies struggled to compete with Britain and German imports, but events that occurred during and after the First World War led to a great change in this phenomenon. Unprecedented opportunities arose, and Remington stepped up to seize the moment. In the process, they created some of today's most prized collectables. In an ironic twist, the next World War played the greatest role in ending the company’s domination of the industry.
knifegirl888

Remington Scout

Post by knifegirl888 »

We picked this knife up at a gunshow yesterday. Even though the number isn't on this knife, it seems to be complete & doesn't show any signs of ever being apart. Did they all come numbered?
Attachments
Remington Scout.jpg
Remington Scout1.jpg
Remington Scout2.jpg
"Making miracles is hard work, most people give up before they happen." - Sheryl Crow
MrBlister

Re: Remington Scout

Post by MrBlister »

knize !!!!!!!!!!!! knize one !!!!!
I'll leave a REM whale to answer the number qst....
stockman
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by stockman »

Some Remingtons had inked on Pattern numbers. It was on the ones closer to when they sold out to Pal.
Maybe a possibility.

Harold
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by royal0014 »

Bee-u-ti-full !!!!
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
remington collector

Post by remington collector »

I zoomed the picture to 400% and I'm pretty sure I can see a partial pattern number. I believe it had an inked pattern number when it was new.
knifegirl888

Post by knifegirl888 »

With the scan, it does seem to hint that there was some sort of inked number there... but I can't see it with my magnifier. The punch still has the blueing on it. Even though I don't think the knife saw much use, someone must have thought cleaning it up would be a good thing. ::dang::
"Making miracles is hard work, most people give up before they happen." - Sheryl Crow

Return to “Remington Knife Collector's Forum”