A FEW NEW REMINGTON COLLECTION ITEMS

The Remington Corporation and the knives that they built have influenced the U.S. cutlery industry more than nearly any other manufacturer. From the time America was settled, to the end of WWI, American knife companies struggled to compete with Britain and German imports, but events that occurred during and after the First World War led to a great change in this phenomenon. Unprecedented opportunities arose, and Remington stepped up to seize the moment. In the process, they created some of today's most prized collectables. In an ironic twist, the next World War played the greatest role in ending the company’s domination of the industry.
AREMINGTONSEDGE

A FEW NEW REMINGTON COLLECTION ITEMS

Post by AREMINGTONSEDGE »

1. Remington RH65 "kleanblade"
Blade length: 4.5" Overall length: 8"
Handle: Jigged Cocobolo

2. Remington Powder Solvent "Rem Oil" bottle

3. 4 Generations Remington Typewriter British Ad Penny circa.1896

4. A few Remington Bandit knives produced by Camillus in the late 1980's

5. Remington R3493 "Remington Master Knife" etch, Stockman Closed:3 3/8" Crest shield, Bone scales
Blades: clip, spey & pen
6. Remington 2006 "Grand" American Knife- Sparta, Il. #141 of 500

7.Remington Anniversary Musket Knife 1793-1993
Attachments
IMG_0066.JPG
IMG_0067.JPG
IMG_0068.JPG
IMG_0070.JPG
IMG_0071.JPG
IMG_0075.JPG
IMG_0081.JPG
IMG_0083.JPG
IMG_0085.JPG
IMG_0088.JPG
Rocky, AKA- AREMINGTONSEDGE
AREMINGTONSEDGE

Re: A FEW NEW REMINGTON COLLECTION ITEMS

And a few more for now... :mrgreen:
Attachments
IMG_0089.JPG
IMG_0092.JPG
IMG_0097.JPG
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

::tu:: Beautiful
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
AREMINGTONSEDGE

Thanks garddogg! ::nod::
junebug

Post by junebug »

WOW....VERY NICE SNAGS,ROCKY 8) 8) ::tu:: ::tu::
REMMIE KNIVES ARE ALWAYS COOL.....BUT!

DIG THAT BOTTLE & COIN ::nod:: ::groove:: 8)

DID YA GET THE COMP B/RUTH ALSO??? :D
"Because tellin' people , i like having a SPYDIEHOLE sounds sooo much better than a THUMBHOLE"
- Junebug 2016
Vit_213

Post by Vit_213 »

ROCKY1122 wrote: 6. Remington 2006 "Grand" American Knife- Sparta, Il. #141 of 500
Who made this knife?
AREMINGTONSEDGE

Thanks Bugger and Vit!!

Bugster, recently got the Baby Ruth from another resource on line and generally average a knife or two bi-weekly, just got around to posting a few. ::super_happy:: Got a very sweet Remington coming that I can't wait to show and tell. ::tu::

Vit as best as I can tell from all the paper work it was made by Remington's cutlery division 870 Remington Drive Madison, NC. and is part of the Remington Collector's Edition. The stamp on the pile side reads R1373
2006 and I believe it was patterned from the original R1373 Hunter lockback but with additional perks! It is heavy and a beautiful piece of work. In saying all that it could have been commissioned to Camillus for production but nothing I have indicates anything but Remington made. Regardless it is a great collector's knife! ::tu::
AREMINGTONSEDGE

Just in, a 1924-1933 circa. Remington R683 gunstock pattern with blade etch. It has a spear and pen blade with bone scales and oval shield. Closed length is at 3".
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
AREMINGTONSEDGE

Adding Remington R1613 .
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
junebug

Post by junebug »

BOTH are AWESOME, ROCKY!!!!!!!!!! 8) 8)

CONGRATS BRO ::tu:: ::handshake::

THAT GUNSTOCK IS SUPER SWEET,IMO ::nod:: 8) 8)
"Because tellin' people , i like having a SPYDIEHOLE sounds sooo much better than a THUMBHOLE"
- Junebug 2016
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

ROCKY1122 wrote:Thanks Bugger and Vit!!

Bugster, recently got the Baby Ruth from another resource on line and generally average a knife or two bi-weekly, just got around to posting a few. ::super_happy:: Got a very sweet Remington coming that I can't wait to show and tell. ::tu::

Vit as best as I can tell from all the paper work it was made by Remington's cutlery division 870 Remington Drive Madison, NC. and is part of the Remington Collector's Edition. The stamp on the pile side reads R1373
2006 and I believe it was patterned from the original R1373 Hunter lockback but with additional perks! It is heavy and a beautiful piece of work. In saying all that it could have been commissioned to Camillus for production but nothing I have indicates anything but Remington made. Regardless it is a great collector's knife! ::tu::
Squirrel, am I wrong (again). I thought I saw where someone had said the newer Remingtons were all made by Camillus until they closed their doors and then the contract went to Bear & Son.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
AREMINGTONSEDGE

Thanks JB I knew you would like those Rems. ::tu:: I have quite a few more that I haven't posted that go along the topic of the R1823 advertising collection, the only one I don't have is the "Wild Duck" R1823. If you know of someone who has it I am very interested to finish the group. ::tu:: ::nod::

Jerryd, as I said, I would not be surprised if Camillus produced them especially in 2006. I have seen other collection pieces for Remington by Camillus with the same gold lettering an packaging. It is a very unique knife and you don't see them around like this one. I think that Remington may have made some collection knives at that time but can't say for sure. Most of there stuff,(related to knives) at present are commissioned and produced overseas. I don't buy anything past 2007 that is Remington brand as a rule. From what I have heard from those produced by Bear & Sons are not worth writing home about. My attention, study and focus is mainly on the Remington production years between 1920- 1940. Thanks for taking a look at them even though I know it's not your cup of tea. 8)

Edit note: Having a nawing feeling and doing a little reading I remembered that Smokey Mountain Knife Works made knives for Remington and that the cutlery division of Remington are producing collector club knives such as the Boy Scout Knives.
junebug

Post by junebug »

ROCK.....YOU AN ME BOTH...HEHEHHEHEHE...WOULD LOVE TO FIND A "WILD DUCK" ::nod:: ::nod:: ::groove:: ::groove::

ONLY ONE I DUNN EVER DID SAWWW.....TWAS HERE!!!! OL DIMITRI HAS A SWEET ONE HE SHOWED ME ON A THREAD I STARTED ON THE R1823 PATTERN......(I THINK IN Q&A???)

THANG IS A BAD MAMMA JAMMA!!!! GO CHECK IT OUT!!!>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ::tu::

IF I DO FIND ONE......AND IM AS BROKE AS USUAL. :lol: ::facepalm:: .....YOU WILL BE THE 1ST GUY I CONTACT!!!! ::handshake::
- Junebug 2016
AREMINGTONSEDGE

JB I've recently added the Remington catalog R1823 that has the stamp R1823 on back. Bought if from a guy in Bakersfield, Calif..it's a decent example and due to it possibly being hard to come by I struck while the iron was hot. Felt like I got a good deal on it. I forgot the thread related to the red-neck talk about chew-tabackee and the Wild Duck knife that Dimitri owns...Think he'd sell her??? :wink: :wink: sweet little gem! I appreciate the look out bro! PM me with your address...ya never know...Santa Remington may come early this year! ::tu::
junebug

Post by junebug »

GREAT MAN!!!!
THEY ARE HARDER TO FIND WITH THE STAMP ::nod::
BAKERSFIELD IS ABOUT 45 MINS SOUTH OF ME :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I DONT THINK OL "D" WOULD LET HER GO......BUT YA NEVER KNOW!!!
WE MAY BE BETTER OFF TA KEEP OUR EYES PEELED!!!!....LOLOLOL
IF THERE ARE ANY CERTAIN OTHER REMMIES YER LOOKIN FOR LEMME KNOW.....AS I AM ALWAYS CRUISIN THE NET AND LOCAL FOR ANYTHANG REMMY......... ::tu::
MOST THE TIME I DON'T BUY.......I DO SNATCH UP A FEW.... :mrgreen: ....SO I MAY COME ACROSS SOMETHIN YER AFTER???????

I'LL DROP YA A PM WITH MA EMAIL AN SUCH ::tu:: ::handshake::
- Junebug 2016
Miller Bro's
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Miller Bro's »

Hey guys, I wish I did have that one! The pic I posted was from an old auction I had saved, it`s the only one I have ever seen with that shield 8)

You have some nice Rem stuff Rocky!

Here is an old knife box I have to add to your thread :)
Attachments
rem.jpg
AAPK Janitor
AREMINGTONSEDGE

Thanks as always JB. ::handshake::

Dimitri that is one cool box! 8) ::nod:: I love anything old school Remington!
Rookie
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Rookie »

Very cool Rocky, the collection is very impressive. I finally just finished my collection of all 17 Bullet Knife posters. Now to get them framed so i can hang them up.
Carl B.
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Great collection of Remingtons, Rocky! ::tu:: ::tu::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
AREMINGTONSEDGE

Thanks for the kind remarks gentlemen. I have been ill as of late, out of work over a month with bilateral knee issues and severe lower back issues. Surgery is next and waiting to find out when. I haven't had a chance to look at my collection much less buy any knives... frankly, just don't feel up for it. I check in every now and then and see the cool stuff going around, but most my days spent going from one Doc/appointment to the next, Xrays, MRIs, shots, injections, braces, pain pills, etc.. I feel like a lab experiment at the moment. Anyway, thanks again for the kind look-see, I appreciate the feedback.
remington collector

Post by remington collector »

Miller Bro's, that sure is a nice box. It's much harder to find that style than the more common green + white box. ::tu::
Miller Bro's
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Miller Bro's »

Thank you, it`s the only one I have like it and it was hard for me to find ::nod::
AAPK Janitor

Return to “Remington Knife Collector's Forum”