remington humpback and lockback/humpback whittlers

The Remington Corporation and the knives that they built have influenced the U.S. cutlery industry more than nearly any other manufacturer. From the time America was settled, to the end of WWI, American knife companies struggled to compete with Britain and German imports, but events that occurred during and after the First World War led to a great change in this phenomenon. Unprecedented opportunities arose, and Remington stepped up to seize the moment. In the process, they created some of today's most prized collectables. In an ironic twist, the next World War played the greatest role in ending the company’s domination of the industry.
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

remington humpback and lockback/humpback whittlers

Post by carrmillus »

....does anyone own one of these original Remington's????...I know Robeson made a replica of the baby humpback and schatt & morgan made a replica of the full size lockback/humpback, but I've never seen the real thing. I remember on the smkw show years ago that steve koontz had one, but I've never seen the genuine article............. :roll: ..................
ratlesnake75

Re: remington humpback and lockback/humpback whittlers

Post by ratlesnake75 »

Hello, I do have one that is for sale on this site. Please check out my store "Antique Knife Store". I have seen less than 5 humpbacks in all my years of doing pocket knives. They are Extremely Rare my friend
Here is the link: http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/kni ... 48959.html
Thx Mark
I Buy/Sell/Trade All Vintage Antique Pocket knives from Junkers to Mint. I am Easy going, so Please shoot me a message ANYTIME!!! l Live & Breath KNIVES Everyday.
AREMINGTONSEDGE

Post by AREMINGTONSEDGE »

That is a beautiful knife Mark! What kind of trade would you do for her?
Rocky, AKA- AREMINGTONSEDGE
ratlesnake75

Post by ratlesnake75 »

Hi Rocky, Thanks for the compliments Sir. I will trade up or down, Just depending on what you have. Shoot me some pics of your stuff
Thx Mark
I Buy/Sell/Trade All Vintage Antique Pocket knives from Junkers to Mint. I am Easy going, so Please shoot me a message ANYTIME!!! l Live & Breath KNIVES Everyday.
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

.......mark, what is the handle mat'l. on this knife??........... :? ......................
ratlesnake75

Post by ratlesnake75 »

Hello, it is standard dark green pyremite. The knife just sold on ebay. I wish I could have kept it around longer.
Thx Mark

Return to “Remington Knife Collector's Forum”