A little mineral oil and some Blue Magic..

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
zp4ja

A little mineral oil and some Blue Magic..

Post by zp4ja »

A little mineral oil to re-hydrate the handles and some Blue Magic and it will be just like it left the factory (my words, not the sellers)...

What a shame on whomever cared (or I should say, obviously did not care for) for this knife.

Jerry

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-W-R-Case-S ... 1828206004
That man is a success who has lived well, laughed often and loved much; who leaves the world better than he found it; who never lacked appreciation of earth's beauty or failed to express it; who looked for the best in other's and gave the best he had.
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: A little mineral oil and some Blue Magic..

Post by gsmith7158 »

That's a crying shame. ::teary_eyes::
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

zp4ja wrote:A little mineral oil to re-hydrate the handles and some Blue Magic and it will be just like it left the factory (my words, not the sellers)...

What a shame on whomever cared (or I should say, obviously did not care for) for this knife.

Jerry

Jerry:

What's "Blue Magic"? What does it do and where can I find it?

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
zp4ja

Post by zp4ja »

XX Case XX wrote:
zp4ja wrote:A little mineral oil to re-hydrate the handles and some Blue Magic and it will be just like it left the factory (my words, not the sellers)...

Jerry

Jerry:

What's "Blue Magic"? What does it do and where can I find it?

http://bluemagicusa.com/index.php/blue_ ... cream_jar/
That man is a success who has lived well, laughed often and loved much; who leaves the world better than he found it; who never lacked appreciation of earth's beauty or failed to express it; who looked for the best in other's and gave the best he had.
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

Thanks Jerry. I'll give it a try. ::tu::

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
SteelMyHeart85420

Post by SteelMyHeart85420 »

It's still an awesome piece of cutlery...just not a minty example
zp4ja

Post by zp4ja »

SteelMyHeart85420 wrote:It's still an awesome piece of cutlery...just not a minty example
No doubt. I agree. Just a shame though. Looks like someone dipped it in oil and baked at 425° for 3 days.
rea1eye

Post by rea1eye »

Post us a pic after you get it all cleaned up!

Bob

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”