What do the "dots" mean on case knives. I just bought a 3 dot slimline trapper.

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
Srvchop

What do the "dots" mean on case knives. I just bought a 3 dot slimline trapper.

Post by Srvchop »

I just bought a 3 dot slimline trapper. 61048 ssp. What do the dots signify?
FRJ

Re: What do the "dots" mean on case knives. I just bought a 3 dot slimline trapper.

Post by FRJ »

Welcome here.

The dots indicate year made, depending on tang stamp.

Please show pictures.
Joe
hardman
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: What do the "dots" mean on case knives. I just bought a 3 dot slimline trapper.

Post by hardman »

Go to http://www.wrcase.com and click on Case College. From there click on the section for tang stamps to learn about their dating system.

You said you have a three dot. It could be a 1977, a 1987, a 1997, a 2007, or if it is new a 2017. You should be able to match your Tang Stamp to determine which of the five it is.
Gary

"Now it cuts like a knife, but it feels so right." Bryan Adams
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Welcome to AAPK. The dots are part of the Case date code system. Tells what year the knife was manufactured. For more specific info, up at the top of this page click on "Research". When that page opens scroll down, under the W.R. Case section click on Case knife age identification.

How about posting a picture of the knife here?

Ken

Looks like we were all typing answers at the same time! :lol:
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”