I just ordered a Case Amber Texas Jack (CV steel).

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
Captain O

I just ordered a Case Amber Texas Jack (CV steel).

Post by Captain O »

I am looking forward to getting this "traditional" pattern pocket knife into my hot little hands. This knife is being purchased to "bridge the gap" between my Zebrawood-clad Queen Stockman (with D2 steel blades) and my Yellow Delrin Case Case Peanut (with CV blades). The CV blades on this "mid-sized" pocket knife should be great for most applications when the Peanut isn't enough and my Queen Stockman is simply too big. ::tu::

Does anyone have one of these, and if so, what's your opinion?

Thanks in advance.
zp4ja

Re: I just ordered a Case Amber Texas Jack (CV steel).

Post by zp4ja »

Yes, have several as I recall. Nothing new school though. I EDC one. A CASE USA era circa 65 thru 69'. Also in CV steel.
What is not to love about a 4 inch CASE Jack knife? Fits hand well and gets sharp. I venture to say you will like it.
Jerry
That man is a success who has lived well, laughed often and loved much; who leaves the world better than he found it; who never lacked appreciation of earth's beauty or failed to express it; who looked for the best in other's and gave the best he had.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Captain O, what's the Case pattern number on your knife? Your description "medium size"' leads me to think it may be a 62032 medium Texas Jack which is 3-1/2 inches long. Just curious. Without the pattern number or a picture, not sure which model Jack you ordered. I'm sure you'll like it either way though. I'm a CV steel fan myself.::tu::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Reid

Post by Reid »

I will love that knife. I have a second cut red bone 6232 in SS and a stag 5232 with CV (rancher) in my EDC rotation. You can't beat them.
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

Mumbleypeg wrote:Captain O, what's the Case pattern number on your knife? Your description "medium size"' leads me to think it may be a 62032 medium Texas Jack which is 3-1/2 inches long. Just curious. Without the pattern number or a picture, not sure which model Jack you ordered. I'm sure you'll like it either way though. I'm a CV steel fan myself.::tu::

Ken
Ken,

It is #77 and the pattern is 62032. This should set your mind at ease. I'm firmly convinced that it will be a great addition to my ever-growing collection.

Faster than a speeding insult, more powerful than an ulterior motive, able to leap to conclusions in a single bound... its Captain Obvious!
zp4ja

Post by zp4ja »

92 or 32 both are a great Jack knife.
That man is a success who has lived well, laughed often and loved much; who leaves the world better than he found it; who never lacked appreciation of earth's beauty or failed to express it; who looked for the best in other's and gave the best he had.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

zp4ja wrote:92 or 32 both are a great Jack knife.
Amen!

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
rea1eye

Post by rea1eye »

You will love that knife. I have a 52032.
Just the right size for pocket carry.

( It is a SS though)

Bob
Attachments
case.knife.52032.2.jpg
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

rea1eye wrote:You will love that knife. I have a 52032.
Just the right size for pocket carry.

( It is a SS though)

Bob
That appears to be the pattern of the CV Amber Texas Jack I ordered. The scales look a bit lighter. It may be the same size. (Mine is said to be 3.6" long closed). I am looking forward to carrying this knife.

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”