Eisenhower knife

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
Oldredbone67

Eisenhower knife

Post by Oldredbone67 »

Anyone own one of these ? Tell me more about the knife. I think I want one. I don't want a delrin handle though. If anyone wants to make a trade, pm me. They look like a nice pen knife. Thanks
FRJ

Re: Eisenhower knife

Post by FRJ »

I think they are nice knives. Good carry design. I have a newer Delrin covered piece.
Would love to have an older one. Maybe some day.
Good luck with your hunt. ::tu::

EDIT: I actually found some pictures ................
Attachments
DSCN0684.JPG
DSCN0685.JPG
DSCN0686.JPG
Joe
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Here is my only version of the Case Eisenhower. I bought it years ago at a hardware store for use as a "dress knife" - lightweight that didn't print in the pocket of a dress uniform or suit. Fine little knife, and readily available from Case dealers. OH
Attachments
Case 05263 SS Eisenhower - 1998 (1).jpg
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

I think I have one listed on ebay......
main blade has loss causing it to ride above scales
Attachments
IMG_6360.JPG
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that's the same as the Camillus #41 Senator which is 3-1/8" closed.
Attachments
Camillus_41_Senator.JPG
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
rea1eye

Post by rea1eye »

I have a Case Eisenhower. Nice little knife. Easily sits in pocket with no bulge or weight.

I think I will carry it today now that I have it out!

Probably too small to cut that turkey though.

06263 Brown jigged 27 gm 3.18 inches 1971 Spear, pen SS
Attachments
Eisenhower.knife.jpg
zp4ja

Post by zp4ja »

I have about ten 063s. Some are for sale here...

http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/kni ... ilit=06263

Jerry
That man is a success who has lived well, laughed often and loved much; who leaves the world better than he found it; who never lacked appreciation of earth's beauty or failed to express it; who looked for the best in other's and gave the best he had.
Railsplitter
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Railsplitter »

I just have this one Eisenhower in Aquamarine Bone from 2006. It does ride in the pocket real nice but it's too slim and narrow for my tastes. I like the blades but I need a little bit more handle to grab onto.

The 6279 like the one that Jerry has for sale is a great alternative if you care to expand your choices. Same length and similar blades but a little bit beefier handle. I have two of those but only one picture. Both of mine are jigged delrin with "as ground" blades which I also prefer over polished blades.

The Eisenhower is a great knife but I prefer the 6279 for its slightly bigger frame.
Attachments
IMG_1239.JPG
IMG_3218.JPG
Rick T.

"My knife money maketh itself wings!" mb>

Proud member of the Buck Collectors Club Inc.
Oldredbone67

Post by Oldredbone67 »

Thanks for all the great info on the Eisenhower knife. I think I will put that pattern knife in the back burner for awhile. I received a PW harvest orange 6318 ss stockman the other day and the size is perfect for me, plus I get 3 blades, so I am going to carry that one and see how I like it. I will probably want a PW old red bone 6318 to go with this orange one. I really like PW feature.
RalphAlsip

Post by RalphAlsip »

FRJ wrote:I think they are nice knives. Good carry design. I have a newer Delrin covered piece.
Joe, Here is a Case Tested XX 06263 LP. It has been used and sharpened and the main blade shows some loss. On the plus side it has some great old character such as long pull, pretty green bone, and the diamond shield. Please send me a PM if you have any interest.

Jerry
Attachments
Case Tested XX 06263 LP
Case Tested XX 06263 LP
Case Tested XX 06263 LP
Case Tested XX 06263 LP
Case Tested XX 06263 LP
Case Tested XX 06263 LP
Case Tested XX 06263 LP
Case Tested XX 06263 LP
Case Tested XX 06263 LP
Case Tested XX 06263 LP
FRJ

Post by FRJ »

FRJ wrote:I think they are nice knives. Good carry design. I have a newer Delrin covered piece.
Good luck with your hunt. ::tu::
I finally was able to capture one of these fine knives in something other than Delrin.

Praise be .......... ::ds::
Attachments
DSCN5464.JPG
DSCN5465.JPG
DSCN5467.JPG
DSCN5470.JPG
DSCN5474.JPG
DSCN5477.JPG
DSCN5479.JPG
Joe
Oldredbone67

Post by Oldredbone67 »

I was at a gun /knife show, small town club putting on the show, and I picked up this one in harvest orange, pocket worn, with the signature on the blade.
Attachments
Eisenhower knife
Eisenhower knife
Eisenhower knife
Eisenhower knife
Oldredbone67

Post by Oldredbone67 »

If anyone here takes a liking to this pocket worn, harvest orange, Eisenhower pen knife, the person I got it from had one more like it. LMK, and I will PM you a price. It is very reasonable . I would just like to help anyone here get the knife they want.
Thanks

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”