New Member w Case Knife

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
Magellan

New Member w Case Knife

Post by Magellan »

Hi All, I'm here to show off my 1 owner Case XX 6265 SAB and find out if it is rare, medium or well done !
I purchased the knife in 1965 aboard the Ammunition ship USS Mazama AE-9. I was a Engineman in M-Div on the ship. We went to Vietnam from our east coast homeport in Davisville, RI on 16 Mar 1966 and returned to Dville on 12 -21-1966 after having made a round the world cruise. We also delivered several hundreds of tons of ordinance to the 7th Fleet which they promptly delivered to the Viet Cong !
So anyway, I've had the Case Since it was new. I used it while in the Navy, but not much since 1967.
I'll post some pics for you to see.
Let me know what ya think it's worth.
[album][/album]
Attachments
DSCN2009.JPG
DSCN2013.JPG
DSCN2017.JPG
DSCN2006.JPG
robinetn

Re: New Member w Case Knife

Post by robinetn »

I currently have one from the same era in about the same condition for sale for $40 . The same knife in mint condition should bring about $75 .

Bob R. (RIDGEWOOD CUTLERY)
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Magellan -- Welcome aboard. Grab a rack, stow your gear and report for duty. While you're checking in, make a side trip over to Member Introductions forum and drop a few lines (and I don't mean those kinds of lines).
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
big monk

Post by big monk »

::welcome:: ::welcome::
I'm not young enough,____to know everything !!!!!!!!!!!!

MONK****

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”