Case Barlow Custom J.Kidd - Like a piece of Jewelry

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
centennialknives
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Case Barlow Custom J.Kidd - Like a piece of Jewelry

Post by centennialknives »

I've been scooping up Case knives (and others) for over 20 years, and last year picked this up from Wild Horse Customs -- a Joshua Kidd custom abalone and turquoise with silver flakes. Engraved bolsters with worked everything. I typically buy knives I would carry and use, even if some don't ever come off the shelf, if you know what I mean. Never bought one that is literally like a piece of jewelry. I fell in love with it, and continue to question my sanity as to why I'd buy something that expensive. I mean, yes, I have paid similar for some GEC knives, or even vintage "never used" pocket knives ... but nothing like this. Here on AAPK, I doubt I'm the only one who has picked up something like this....but I still questioning my sanity! It is 1 of 1 --- with J.Kidd signed on a tang (not shown).
Attachments
IMG_4809_resized.JPEG
IMG_4810_resized.JPEG
IMG_4811_resized.JPEG
IMG_4812_resized.JPEG
Robert
Washington, IL (near Peoria)
"Always keep an edge on your knife 'cause a good sharp edge is a man's best hedge against the vague uncertainties of life." - Corb Lund
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Case Barlow Custom J.Kidd - Like a piece of Jewelry

Post by garddogg56 »

Pretty ::handshake::
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Case Barlow Custom J.Kidd - Like a piece of Jewelry

Post by doglegg »

It is a looker Mike. And the good reason to buy any knife is because you like it

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”