I've got the knife but need to know more about it!!

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

I've got the knife but need to know more about it!!

Post by treefarmer »

Posted a picture of this Case Bros. Cutlery Co. knife the other evening on the "knife finds of the day", page 185. For the life of me, I can't find any info on this knife. Can some one direct me to a resource that will tell me about the pattern and year of mfg.? The papers in the tin have a 1999 date. The blade doesn't have any dating code, pile side has USA over 61265LC and the 3rd line is SS. The mark side you can see in the picture below. It is very similar to a 6165 but only 4 inches long. Maybe I can't see the forest for the trees? The only reference I can find is an identical looking knife listed in one of the AAPK stores, it says it was made in 2003. Is that the only year they were made? Treefarmer
Attachments
001.JPG

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Elvis

Re: I've got the knife but need to know more about it!!

Post by Elvis »

The Mid-Folding Hunter (your knife) was made for a few years right around the period you're talking about. At the moment it's one that is resting in the Case Vault (meaning production is halted for 3 years (or so)). Case Bros. is one of the names (called "Family Brands") that Case owns the rights to and puts out a lot of the same patterns as the regular Case Knives. If I knew more I'd tell you, but I do know that a lot of the members of the Case Collector's Club are chomping at the bit for that model to begin production again.
robinetn

Post by robinetn »

I believe that your knife is the 05260 (2003) on the list referenced below .

Bob

http://www.wrcase.com/special_programs/ ... Hunter.pdf

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Case-XX-Knife-C ... 4603ebb864
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Thank you Bob and Bob!! I was wondering if I had somethin' that folks were afraid of as there were quite a few views but no replies. Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”