All About Pocket Knives

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:01 pm 

I got this recently at a yard sale for 40.00. The leather sheath says Pat. Feb. 5 1935 and the knife has a pullout ruler that has a patent date of oct,22 1935 on it. The Axe is stamped Case XX and is in awesome shape. These are both very sharp and well taken care of. I was wondering if these are rare and if they hold any significant value. Why is the blade stamp and sheath stamp have different dates? Any info would help either way I find it a cool piece.

Attachments:
CASE XX 001.JPG
CASE XX 001.JPG [ 807.81 KiB | Viewed 715 times ]
CASE XX 002.JPG
CASE XX 002.JPG [ 762.33 KiB | Viewed 715 times ]
CASE XX 003.JPG
CASE XX 003.JPG [ 711.3 KiB | Viewed 715 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:50 pm 

I wouldn't worry about the dates being off a little. You just bought about $300-400 worth of Case Collectible for $40. Go celebrate!

A U.S. Veteran is someone who may not agree with what you say, but will defend to the death your right to say it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:42 pm 

Wow...I'm new to the knife thing but man that's great news...the poor lady has lost hee husband recently and she was finally getting rid of his knife collection...it will have a good home.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:51 pm 

Glad to hear you plan on collecting. Its unfortunate the lady didn't know what she had, but then you didn't know if you were getting a deal or not. For the condition yours appears to be in, I think if you check fleabay you'll find that price is fairly accurate though your mileage may vary. Congratulations and welcome to AAPK and knife collecting!

A U.S. Veteran is someone who may not agree with what you say, but will defend to the death your right to say it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:55 pm 

I forgot to mention it even has the original leather sheath ..I gentleman I spoke to told me that makes it even more special...thanks for you're knowledge.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:19 am 

::super_happy:: OMG! I LOVE COLLECTING KNIVES! I'M LIV'IN THE DREAM MAN LIV'IN THE DREAM........ WHAT A GREAT FIND WHITMAN,YOU SHOULD BE PLEASED TO ADOPT THOSE KIDS INTO YOUR FAMILY!! BEST OF LUCK IN YOUR NEXT "FIND"!!!!! ::ds:: LBW

Profile Personal album