Vintage Case XX Axe and Knife combo

The W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company has a very rich history that began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. The company has produced countless treasures and it continues to do so as one of the most collected brands in the world.
whitman75

Vintage Case XX Axe and Knife combo

Postby whitman75 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:01 pm

I got this recently at a yard sale for 40.00. The leather sheath says Pat. Feb. 5 1935 and the knife has a pullout ruler that has a patent date of oct,22 1935 on it. The Axe is stamped Case XX and is in awesome shape. These are both very sharp and well taken care of. I was wondering if these are rare and if they hold any significant value. Why is the blade stamp and sheath stamp have different dates? Any info would help either way I find it a cool piece.
Attachments
CASE XX 001.JPG
CASE XX 002.JPG
CASE XX 003.JPG

Elvis

Re: Vintage Case XX Axe and Knife combo

Postby Elvis » Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:50 pm

I wouldn't worry about the dates being off a little. You just bought about $300-400 worth of Case Collectible for $40. Go celebrate!
Bob

I'm so busy I don't know if I found a rope or lost my horse.

whitman75

Postby whitman75 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:42 pm

Wow...I'm new to the knife thing but man that's great news...the poor lady has lost hee husband recently and she was finally getting rid of his knife collection...it will have a good home.

Elvis

Postby Elvis » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:51 pm

Glad to hear you plan on collecting. Its unfortunate the lady didn't know what she had, but then you didn't know if you were getting a deal or not. For the condition yours appears to be in, I think if you check fleabay you'll find that price is fairly accurate though your mileage may vary. Congratulations and welcome to AAPK and knife collecting!
Bob

I'm so busy I don't know if I found a rope or lost my horse.

whitman75

Postby whitman75 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:55 pm

I forgot to mention it even has the original leather sheath ..I gentleman I spoke to told me that makes it even more special...thanks for you're knowledge.

AREMINGTONSEDGE

Postby AREMINGTONSEDGE » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:19 am

::super_happy:: OMG! I LOVE COLLECTING KNIVES! I'M LIV'IN THE DREAM MAN LIV'IN THE DREAM........ WHAT A GREAT FIND WHITMAN,YOU SHOULD BE PLEASED TO ADOPT THOSE KIDS INTO YOUR FAMILY!! BEST OF LUCK IN YOUR NEXT "FIND"!!!!! ::ds:: LBW
Rocky, AKA- AREMINGTONSEDGE

Return to “Case Knife Collector's Forum”