Stainless

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
prairiedog

Stainless

Post by prairiedog »

I'm hoping someone might be able to help me out with the age of this German Eye knife. I know it's not old...but I'm wondering just how new it is...might possibly be a current production? It's 3 3/8" closed...m.o.p...it has a pattern #...3 eye etching with stainless printed on the blade. I've seen a couple other patterns that were m.o.p with "stainless" under the etching but have never been quite sure as to when they were made and if it's currently produced. Any feedback appreciated.

-Prairiedog
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Perry

When the knife your grandfather/father carried or put up is handed down to you...treasure it...open it up from time to time...and by all means, keep it!
deo-pa
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Stainless

Post by deo-pa »

Jay's Knives, a family-run company in Minnesota, has one for sale (see http://www.jaysknives.com/germaneyeknives_1.htm). They specialize in modern but discontinued models, so perhaps it is not current production. An email to them might elicit some information on age.

Dennis
prairiedog

Post by prairiedog »

Dennis, Thank-you for that link ::handshake::

Perry
Perry

When the knife your grandfather/father carried or put up is handed down to you...treasure it...open it up from time to time...and by all means, keep it!
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

Not exactly sure how modern it might be but it is not a vintage knife. I hesitate to guess since I have little knowledge about their modern knives.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
prairiedog

Post by prairiedog »

Thanks for responding Ray...hoping I might find out something through the link Dennis gave me. Been watching your knives on eBay the past few weeks...awesome collection!!!
Perry

Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Post by Paladin »

prairiedog wrote:Thanks for responding Ray...hoping I might find out something through the link Dennis gave me. Been watching your knives on eBay the past few weeks...awesome collection!!!
Wish I could offer more on your knife but not my area of expertise. Thanks for watching my stuff. I have knives listed up thru the 24th of this month and I think after that I'll save the balance of my knives for the grandkids.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae

Return to “European-made knives”