Old Tiny trapper...straight line stamp

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
prairiedog

Old Tiny trapper...straight line stamp

Post by prairiedog »

Bought this little jewel today...2 5/8"...straight line stamp...eyeballs on the back of the tangs...old federal shield...just a great little piece in my opinion. This is the first one I've run across and was very happy to find it. It has some patina and the etching has faded...but it's definitely a knife with some character and a perfect little knife to carry. Haven't worked on the edge yet but I'm sure it will sharpen up nicely.
Being that I haven't seen one of these before I'm wondering if it's a scarce pattern??? I've seen other small patterns...but not the trapper with the straight line stamp. Thanks for any feedback!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Perry

When the knife your grandfather/father carried or put up is handed down to you...treasure it...open it up from time to time...and by all means, keep it!
EyeBJoe
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Old Tiny trapper...straight line stamp

Post by EyeBJoe »

Prairiedog, I believe this one to be a rare find among the old trappers. As I think you know, from the old cutsheets that I have, the trappers ranged from the 2 5/8 in. model similar to yours up to the big 6 in. honker. Haven't seen many of the straight line Schlieper 2 5/8 in. trappers. Nice find. You are unearthing some good ones.

Joe D.
prairiedog

Post by prairiedog »

Thanks Joe...it's these unexpected finds that I enjoy the most. Something about walking up to a flea market table, yard sale...or just someone pulling a knife out of their pocket and asking, "what ya got to trade on?"...that keeps me on the hunt! :)
Perry

When the knife your grandfather/father carried or put up is handed down to you...treasure it...open it up from time to time...and by all means, keep it!
HiPower

Post by HiPower »

wow last time i saw one of these was about1988. excellent knife & a rare one since the ones i've seen were mirror polished inside the backsprings & liners. a real jewel of a find HiPower
HiPower
prairiedog

Post by prairiedog »

Thanks HiPower, its the first I've seen...still have it in my pocket. ::nod::

-prairiedog
Perry

Return to “European-made knives”