Name this Old Timer

Schrade Cutlery Company was founded in 1904 by George Schrade, and his brothers Jacob and William Schrade. In 1946 Imperial Knife Associated Companies, (IKAC; an association of Ulster Knife Co and Imperial Knife Co) purchased controlling interest in Schrade Cut Co and changed the name to Schrade Walden Cutlery. In 1973 the name was changed to Schrade Cutlery. In 2004 Schrade closed due to bankruptcy.

This forum is dedicated to the knives that are the legacy of this company. This forum is not the place to discuss the replica knives currently being imported using the Schrade name.
gwelker62

Name this Old Timer

Post by gwelker62 »

This one has me stumped... two blades with what is surely bone scales. Doesn't look to be sawcut, but that could have been worn away. Can't find an older OT in this frame that had bone in the catalogs. Can't think of a later special edition that fits this look ::hmm:: ::shrug::
Attachments
bone ot.jpg
truck

Re: Name this Old Timer

Post by truck »

Looks like a stockman without the main blade. Employee model?
I may not change the world but I'm gonna leave a scar.
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

It sure looks like an 8OT with original bone covers with a missing blade.
gwelker62

Post by gwelker62 »

Here is the feebay listing on it. Can't tell if it's really missing a main blade, or the main blade has had too much stone sex.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/182346942599?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

Rear scale is broken, bummer. :(
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
gwelker62

Post by gwelker62 »

Y'all don't reckon it could be an improved muskrat pattern? But it couldn't be a 77OT. Maybe it started life as a 787 and someone put bone scales on it w/ a OT shield a long time ago?
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

Did the Schrade/Old Timer bunch ever make a "moose" pattern? I thought the knife was a "moose" with well worn blades ::shrug:: .
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
gwelker62

Post by gwelker62 »

Guess those stumps do resemble a clip and spear. I suspect they are both what's left over from reshaped Turkish clips.
KnifeSlinger#81

Post by KnifeSlinger#81 »

This one keeps popping up on my saved ebay searches. I'm fairly certain it's an original bone 8ot that has had a very rough life.

You can see on the far right blade the swedge curves down, like on a sheepsfoot. You can tell from the state of the knife the previous owner was likely not a person to care and re swedge the blades after breaking and reshaping them. Plus if it was a main blade it would have the nick on the mark side.
-Paul T.

WANTED: Shapleigh Diamond Edge branded Schrades in good condition.
gwelker62

Post by gwelker62 »

Think you may be right. Looking at other examples I have and on line of Walden era stockmans, it does look like what's left of a spey on the right and sheepsfoot on the left with the clip missing.

Return to “Schrade Legacy Forum”