Uncle Henry SC705??

Schrade Cutlery Company was founded in 1904 by George Schrade, and his brothers Jacob and William Schrade. In 1946 Imperial Knife Associated Companies, (IKAC; an association of Ulster Knife Co and Imperial Knife Co) purchased controlling interest in Schrade Cut Co and changed the name to Schrade Walden Cutlery. In 1973 the name was changed to Schrade Cutlery. In 2004 Schrade closed due to bankruptcy.

This forum is dedicated to the knives that are the legacy of this company. This forum is not the place to discuss the replica knives currently being imported using the Schrade name.
gwelker62

Uncle Henry SC705??

Post by gwelker62 »

Pictures are crap with this guy's listing of a LB8, but you can kinda make out the Scrimshaw tang stamp. A re-blade, or EOD knife? EOD Schrades generally didn't come with shields. At least none that I've seen yet. Maybe a factory mistake? And of course that sheath isn't right either. The seller won't answer any questions about it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301624311723?ss ... 1436.l2649
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Uncle Henry SC705??

Post by orvet »

Probably a replacement blade.
It may even have been replaced at the factory & they substituted the SC blade because they had no LB8 blades.

Or it may have been at the factory when it closed and someone bought it and replaced the blade. I have encountered that before.

I constantly look for LB series blades. In the 12 years since Schrade closed I have seen one LB8 blade for sale, and it was used. The LB8 was discontinued on 2000. All the replacement blades may have been used up before Schrade closed in 2004.
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
KnifeSlinger#81

Post by KnifeSlinger#81 »

Did anybody else notice the sheath has no loop? It may be a current production china sheath, it doesn't have the rich darker coloring like usa ones I've seen.
-Paul T.

WANTED: Shapleigh Diamond Edge branded Schrades in good condition.
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

You're right.
Not showing the tang stamp or showing blurry tang stamps is a tactic some sellers have used to pass off a Chinese knife as an American made one. ::nod::
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
gwelker62

Post by gwelker62 »

Oh wow, I didn't notice the no loop. Didn't those have that X loop? I don't even see marks where the rivets could have been.

Return to “Schrade Legacy Forum”