S-W 8OT

Schrade Cutlery Company was founded in 1904 by George Schrade, and his brothers Jacob and William Schrade. In 1946 Imperial Knife Associated Companies, (IKAC; an association of Ulster Knife Co and Imperial Knife Co) purchased controlling interest in Schrade Cut Co and changed the name to Schrade Walden Cutlery. In 1973 the name was changed to Schrade Cutlery. In 2004 Schrade closed due to bankruptcy.

This forum is dedicated to the knives that are the legacy of this company. This forum is not the place to discuss the replica knives currently being imported using the Schrade name.
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: S-W 8OT

Post by gsmith7158 »

Well Mr. 0 purchases has his first buy at $121.00! ::ds:: ::ds:: ::ds::
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
KnifeSlinger#81

Post by KnifeSlinger#81 »

Yowza! Maybe next we'll see that very knife on the forum and he will want to know more about it.
-Paul T.

WANTED: Shapleigh Diamond Edge branded Schrades in good condition.
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

KnifeSlinger#81 wrote:Yowza! Maybe next we'll see that very knife on the forum and he will want to know more about it.
And we will be most respectful and tell him what a fine knife it is, and maybe next week we'll tell him he could have gotten two for that price. :lol:
I will have to say that one is dead mint though!
------------------

Greg

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
KnifeSlinger#81

gsmith7158 wrote:
KnifeSlinger#81 wrote:Yowza! Maybe next we'll see that very knife on the forum and he will want to know more about it.
And we will be most respectful and tell him what a fine knife it is, and maybe next week we'll tell him he could have gotten two for that price. :lol:
In the long run he'll probably forget all about the price, none of us would pay that much but in a way that knife is worth every bit that price. If they still made them today they would probably retail for at least $80 and it's a quality tool that will give many years of service if he so chooses to use it. And like you say, it IS dead mint.
-Paul T.

gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

KnifeSlinger#81 wrote:
gsmith7158 wrote:
In the long run he'll probably forget all about the price, none of us would pay that much but in a way that knife is worth every bit that price. If they still made them today they would probably retail for at least $80 and it's a quality tool that will give many years of service if he so chooses to use it. And like you say, it IS dead mint.
I get a chuckle about such situations because I am recalling my own initial forays in to ebay and knife collecting. I also was Mr. 0 purchases for ten 7 day auctions before I too bet the house to collect my first Case Large Redbone Toothpick. ::facepalm::
------------------

Greg

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
KnifeSlinger#81

I can't even remember my first bid purchase ::shrug:: Was it an xx era toothpick? Have any pictures?

Correction: I do remember my first bid purchase, I always tried to stay in the lead and paid $217ish for a brown g10/s35vn steel spyderco paramilitary 2. I was in Colorado on vacation at the time and went to a small area in the valley we were camped in that had phone service so I could bid. What a doofus I was :lol:
-Paul T.

gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

[quote="KnifeSlinger#81"]I can't even remember my first bid purchase ::shrug:: Was it an xx era toothpick? Have any pictures?

Correction: I do remember my first bid purchase, I always tried to stay in the lead and paid $217ish for a brown g10/s35vn steel spyderco paramilitary 2. I was in Colorado on vacation at the time and went to a small area in the valley we were camped in that had phone service so I could bid. What a doofus I was :lol:[/quot

Mine was an xx toothpick but at the time I did everything on my phone pics, buying ,selling everything and that was 4 phones ago so all those pics are no more.
------------------

Greg

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

This is the third time i have seen a Delrin 8OT, no box, sell for over $100. During this time there have been numerous other minty 8OT's which sold in the $40-$50 range which i see as 'market value'.
In general, the price of minty Schrade USA knives seems to be going up. During the last 10 years of my ebaying i have seen Schrade USA prices go through a few cycles of high to low to high again. Until recently the prices have been towards the low end and now they seem to be climbing again.
kj
deltaboy

Post by deltaboy »

Yes they go up and down. ::tu::
Keep Near the Cross.
truck

Post by truck »

For what it's worth, I'm still Mr. 0 purchases on eBay. I never even registered. I have sold quite a few items on eBay though, through buddies who were registered. They got excellent feedback and I got great money, so all of us were happy.
I may not change the world but I'm gonna leave a scar.
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

truck wrote:For what it's worth, I'm still Mr. 0 purchases on eBay. I never even registered. I have sold quite a few items on eBay though, through buddies who were registered. They got excellent feedback and I got great money, so all of us were happy.
Truck when I first started on ebay I had no idea what sniping was and would just try to beat the current bid. It's a learning curve to beat out the other bidders.. No shame in that. I guess you could compare it to an old cowhand watching a drunk try to ride a mechanical bull in a Texas Roadhouse. Funny to the cowpoke, not so much to the drunk. :lol:
------------------

Greg

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

I enjoy ebay immensely. In addition to many fine knives i have also paid very little for excellent condition older Filson & Pendleton wool jackets. Well truth is i got into collecting vintage USA wool hunting/work jackets.
kj
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

kootenay joe wrote:I enjoy ebay immensely. In addition to many fine knives i have also paid very little for excellent condition older Filson & Pendleton wool jackets. Well truth is i got into collecting vintage USA wool hunting/work jackets.
kj
I agree kj! It's the thrill of hunt that is so alluring. Sometimes I feel almost as good after I lose an auction as I do when I win one. Btw you are definitely in the proper clime for wool wear! :D
------------------

Greg

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Wool is perfect in the Pacific NorthWest both for outside wear and inside. I wear wool boxers and t-shirt and light weight wool pants around the house and i'm comfortable with heat set at 17c during the day and 14c at night.
For well over 100 years Pendleton Woolen Mills, Filson & Johnson Woolen Mills have been making high quality wool outer wear. If properly looked after these garments easily last a lifetime. And, wool for hunting: silent and no odor: perfect !
kj
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

kootenay joe wrote:Wool is perfect in the Pacific NorthWest both for outside wear and inside. I wear wool boxers and t-shirt and light weight wool pants around the house and i'm comfortable with heat set at 17c during the day and 14c at night.
For well over 100 years Pendleton Woolen Mills, Filson & Johnson Woolen Mills have been making high quality wool outer wear. If properly looked after these garments easily last a lifetime. And, wool for hunting: silent and no odor: perfect ! kj
My son bought me a Filson wool coat for my XXth birthday this year. It is grand!!!
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Calvin if your son is about the same size, your Filson coat will be his one day, so you best not spill your spaghetti & wine on it.
kj

Return to “Schrade Legacy Forum”