Parker Frost display board?

Schrade Cutlery Company was founded in 1904 by George Schrade, and his brothers Jacob and William Schrade. In 1946 Imperial Knife Associated Companies, (IKAC; an association of Ulster Knife Co and Imperial Knife Co) purchased controlling interest in Schrade Cut Co and changed the name to Schrade Walden Cutlery. In 1973 the name was changed to Schrade Cutlery. In 2004 Schrade closed due to bankruptcy.

This forum is dedicated to the knives that are the legacy of this company. This forum is not the place to discuss the replica knives currently being imported using the Schrade name.
Jcj02

Parker Frost display board?

Post by Jcj02 »

Can anyone help me with a display board I found. I like it for the history alone but also am not into overpaying when there's more to buy. It's a Parker Frost Eagle Series display sample board with about 20 knives mint condition including paperwork (I haven't got to see papers yet) I am unsure of Years but it being the American eagle line would anyone have idea if it's a desirable piece? A somewhat value on it? Anything and thanks ahead of time
Attachments
IMG_9297.JPG
IMG_9298.JPG
IMG_9299.JPG
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Parker Frost display board?

Post by peanut740 »

You may want to this post elsewhere than on the Schrade thread.You will get more people seeing it,maybe the General Knife discussion.
Roger
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

I am not positive, but most of the knives in that series appear to be Schrade or Imperial patterns.
LG4 lists 3 sets Schrade made for Parker but not this set.
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
Bamarick

Post by Bamarick »

I'd say that this display board is from the late 1970's. I've owned and sold most of those patterns and that was the time frame on them. Values are whatever the buyer places on them. Most of the knives I've sold were from $25 to $45 ea. If you are thinking of purchasing them you'd better get that Christmas Tree Gunboat out of there quickly. It is already starting to outgas and it will ruin the other knives as well.
Ricky
dweb1897

Post by dweb1897 »

I've seen those called a salesman's sample board..if the display is correct, all the bone handled knives will have matching serial numbers on the front bolster. The pile side of the tang is stamped 1978-2-3-4-or 5 ,depending on the model, over SCHRADE. The Delrin handled knives will be stamped likewise. Two knives that seem fairly rare and IMO belong with the set are the Kentucky and Tenessee Stockmans in stag. Both of those knives have the pile side tang stamp 1978-1 over SCHRADE. I would advise that you get some good pics of both sides of the bone handled knives before purchasing the set. I collected quite a few of those knives and it amazed me how many had mismatched scales, different jigging, and quite often were very faded on the display side scale.
PF TENNESSEE STOCKMAN.jpg
PF TENNESSEE STOCKMAN 1978-1.jpg
I have a hard time trusting someone who doesn't like dogs...but if my dog doesn't like someone, I'll trust that.
Acorn, a better friend than I deserved, gone but never forgotten...run fast and free 11-5-2018 I'll see you soon

Return to “Schrade Legacy Forum”