Various Schrade knife lists - All organized on 1 page

Schrade Cutlery Company was founded in 1904 by George Schrade, and his brothers Jacob and William Schrade. In 1946 Imperial Knife Associated Companies, (IKAC; an association of Ulster Knife Co and Imperial Knife Co) purchased controlling interest in Schrade Cut Co and changed the name to Schrade Walden Cutlery. In 1973 the name was changed to Schrade Cutlery. In 2004 Schrade closed due to bankruptcy.

This forum is dedicated to the knives that are the legacy of this company. This forum is not the place to discuss the replica knives currently being imported using the Schrade name.
lt632ret

Re: Various Schrade knife lists - All organized on 1 page

Post by lt632ret »

Ah forgive me I believe I remember the knife to late for me to look back strangly it is a nite I have looked back as far as i wish to. No If it is the one I believe you refer to, it was an amalgamation of parts put together by several ( very skilled ) workers and offered as a possible release. Schrade turned this version down. There were to my knowledge 3 made. LT
thawk

Post by thawk »

LT - Nice to see those dies. There have been quite a few discussions about these three Uncle Henry's. They were not in the catalogs, and there have been quite a few theories thrown out in forum discussions, and emails.

Euro market, award knives, magazine sales, production numbers ... nothing concrete

I managed to run down a few, before the price went sky high. I've talked to a handfull of guys that have some of these, no one that knew much about them. Not sure how many examples there are with the complete box and paperwork. The red replacement certificate and white sleeve state the pattern number, so I'm sure they were sold somewhere, or at least intended to be sold. The brown boxes are unmarked.

Still looking for the 707UH NIB with box and papers.

What all do you (or anyone else) know about these "Missing Uncle Henry's" ?

Thanks.
Hal
lt632ret

Post by lt632ret »

I do not know production figures frankly I usually just look up that info in Clementes book or Larrys site . I have a set of these and put the boxes somewhere I believe they were in 3 rd gen boxes. I have it set up as a display. To my knowledge it was a group that was offered and then replaced with the third gen line and promotion. relatively few of these were produced. due to there promotion policy change. I am not a big box guy ( wow that did not sound right oh well you know what I mean.) I have the ones my displays came in they are in drawers ect all over the place the same with the sheaths. I mean I have them but it would require a safari to find them. Actually the boxes are quite the thing. I had a few hundred extras and just sold them . When they were given to me I told them thats enough I have no more room in the truck amazing. Anyway I like displays my walls in the house is litterly filled they are forcing me out the door you have to walk sideways in some places oh yes it includes the bathroom walls. I like to look around when I need to be in there. I really should be posting more Some amazing stuff has surfaced you can really see how the quality of these items has gone down over the years finally ending in stuff like the tradesman series. When it is all in front of you it becomes quite evident. I guess it is like when cars were full size when the middles sizes came out at first they seemed small then came compacts ect. It seems we get used to smaller cheaper stuff when it becomes the norm. Then they make it smaller and cheaper. to day for 30,000 dollars you can get a recycled roller skate with a sardine can welded to it however it does get 30 miles to the gallon. Sorry I could not tell you more about the UH knives you mentioned. Right now these are hot usually this passes but perhapes not. I posted some pics of these I guess you may have seen them. They are a cute niche in the time line. LT PS I just went downstairs and looked around mine were in 3 rd gen boxes except for the LB 4 which was in unmarked brown. Mine came from an employee who had been a foreman. However ( and this will make your day ) when opening the stored boxes I just found another 707 I had forgotten about sorry not for sale I have been wanting to do another display with the various versions of this pattern that they made 3 rd gen wood stainless ect now I guess I will.
thawk

Post by thawk »

lt632ret wrote:I do not know production figures frankly I usually just look up that info in Clementes book or Larrys site . I have a set of these and put the boxes somewhere I believe they were in 3 rd gen boxes. I have it set up as a display. To my knowledge it was a group that was offered and then replaced with the third gen line and promotion. relatively few of these were produced. due to there promotion policy change. I am not a big box guy ( wow that did not sound right oh well you know what I mean.) I have the ones my displays came in they are in drawers ect all over the place the same with the sheaths. I mean I have them but it would require a safari to find them. ...
Thanks, LT. I thought your post with the pictures of the dies was more recent, my mistake. Some new information you say here is new info to me. 1've seen them a few times in the 3rd Gen Boxes, which makes sense, they fit like a glove.

If you ever need someone to drive the cargo jeep on one of your safari's, give me a jingle. ::nod::
Hal
LRV

Post by LRV »

Looks like on 10/15 about 04:00 AM someone hacked into my web site and modified all the index pages with this junk that looks like links to advertisement some of which would cause my mother to blush..
It goes pretty deep throught the site.
I'm fixing as fast as I can and have contacted my web provider to attempt to track the intruder.
It doesnt look destructive to anything except junk at the bottom of the page indexes.
I don't advertise so It's not me :-)

Thanks to Randy for pointing it out to me.

www.collectors-of-schrades-r.us
www.collectors-of-camillus.us
“A knife in a man’s hand is as precious as a diamond necklace on a woman’s neck” - Michael Mirando I.S.C.
CAMCO

Post by CAMCO »

Larry,
I have some Camillus literature on a disk that Dale requested. I will send it to Dale next week and he can forward it to you.

Tom Williams
W5RWU

Post by W5RWU »

LRV wrote:Looks like on 10/15 about 04:00 AM someone hacked into my web site and modified all the index pages with this junk that looks like links to advertisement some of which would cause my mother to blush..
It goes pretty deep throught the site.
I'm fixing as fast as I can and have contacted my web provider to attempt to track the intruder.
It doesnt look destructive to anything except junk at the bottom of the page indexes.
I don't advertise so It's not me :-)

Thanks to Randy for pointing it out to me.

http://www.collectors-of-schrades-r.us
http://www.collectors-of-camillus.us
Larry I thought you might of been trying to spice it up a little :lol: :lol: :lol:
Randy
https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/catalog/w5rwu

on the cutting edge is sometimes not the place to be.
please support our troops - past and present
if not a member...join the NKCA! they're on our side.
BUY MORE AMMO
R.I.P. Johnnie Fain
1949 - 2009
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Thank you Tom.
I can't wait to see what you have in store for me, Larry and Camillus collectors everywhere.
We all appreciate your work and dedication to keeping Camillus history alive.

I recently sent Larry some more Schrade info also, most of it from LT & Tom (CAMCO) but some of the info was courtesy of Mr. Mike Williams of Taylor Brands, LLC. He contacted me and asked what I could use. I appreciate his willingness to help with our passion for things Schrade & things Camillus.

Dale
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
LRV

Post by LRV »

Tom,
Always good to hear from you. I was concerned that you'd been locked out of the library.
Dale and I have been chatting recently. I even got him to go meet with ibDennis. I'll take credit for it even though he had to do all the driving 8) .
I have scanned all of the Camillus info that Dale sent and will be publishing on the web as soon as I get full access back. Southern NH was hit pretty bad this last weekend with an ice storm that caused the trees to shed their limbs tearing out most of the power, cable and phone lines. We were luckier than most only losing power for 8 hours. It did get down into the 40's in the house (it was 12 outside) during those hours. As of today about 1/2 of the town is back. Schools are all still closed. My daughter and her family have moved in and our other 18 yr old is inviting all her girlfriends over to enjoy our hospitality and have access to hot showers. I think the hot showers wins them over. Our dog is guarding the front door not allowing any unknown males to enter. He likes the girls.
Hope Glenn is doing ok. His area of NH got it worse.
Be well.
Larry
“A knife in a man’s hand is as precious as a diamond necklace on a woman’s neck” - Michael Mirando I.S.C.
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

I received the CD from Tom with the copies of the Camillus literature from the 1950s on Saturday.

Larry, since I spoke to you the bad weather has moved in here. We got about 3 inches of snow last night, it never got above freezing today and tonight it's supposed to get down to 14°. That's colder than the well digger's lunchbox! :shock:

While 14° may not seem cold to some of you, nor 3 inches seem like much snow, it is a lot in the Willamette Valley. Our winters are usually mild here and it is not unusual for us to go three or four winters without snow. With the invention of global warming however it has been much colder here, both in the summer and in the winter. A good number of people residing in Oregon are transplants from California, many of whom are seeing snow for their first time. Consequently, driving is quite treacherous because of the large number of drivers who have no experience driving on snow. ::doh:: ::doh::

Consequently I didn't make it to the post office today to get the CD mailed off to you. I hope to get it in the mail to you tomorrow. We have another snowstorm rolling in on Wednesday plus I have jury duty that day, so if I don't get it in the mail tomorrow it may be a few days before I can. ::dang::

To those forum members who are reading this wondering what were talking about, let me explain; Tom sent me a CD of 112 pages of Camillus adds and price lists from the 1950s. It is our intention (Tom and I) to develop spreadsheets on Camillus knife patterns similar to what I did with the Schrade patterns in the Research Section of AAPK. We're starting with the 1950s and working towards 2007 when Camillus closed. It's going to take a while to do that, but we intend to start this winter. After we complete that we hope to work on Camillus patterns pre-1950.

Larry plays a very important part in all of this. I am sending the disk onto Larry so that he can post the pictures on his website. Larry has been awesome to share information with me regarding Schrade, and I really appreciate it. Larry's website has become the official repository of Schrade and it appears now Camillus literature.

I feel we are very fortunate in AAPK to have members like Tom and Larry who share of their time, resources & knowledge to make this historical information available to us.

Thanks guys! ::tu::
Dale

PS- Larry, ibdennis is a heck of a nice guy. I will see him at the show in April, as I just paid for my table for the April OKCA Show. You NEED to come out to this show! :mrgreen:
Dale
AAPK Administrator

LRV

Post by LRV »

Dale,
My daughter gifted me with renewal to the club.
My other daughter gifted me with our 1st grandson. Croix (pronounced Croy) Alexander. I don't know where the name came from but I like it.

The CD has arrived with some great stuff but with 2 feet of snow, holidays and all the other grand activities It will be a bit before I get them posted.

Dennis IS a good guy. No promises on a west coast visit but I will try.

Happy New Year all!
Larry
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Updated Schrade Open Stock information just posted.

Bryan posted the updated data on the Schrade Open Stock knives today.
This is a project I have been working on for about 2-1/2 years.
With the help of Larry Vickery and several others, I have finally been
able to get most, but I am sure not all of the Open Stock knives listed.
Schrade changed their numbering system about 1946 or 1947.
This list includes many knives that were carried over with the old numbers and their new numbers.
I hope you find this to be a useful tool.
I have listed knives from the 1940s up through 2004.
I know all the Schrade Knife Knuts will find it interesting.

Dale
Dale
AAPK Administrator

thawk

Post by thawk »

::tu:: Thanks Dale and Larry, for this site, the collectors site, and all of the work and time you've put in. I've been to both of these sites well over a thousand times, and I'm not exaggerating. ::tu::
Hal
trutemper

Post by trutemper »

Absolutely great reference tools and great work! Thanks to all for the hard work!

Bob
Sasquach
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Sasquach »

Can anyone tell me anything about Schrade Wostenholm?

A GOOD KNIFE IS LIKE A GOOD FRIEND, IT'LL NEVER LET YOU DOWN.

“Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway.”
~ John Wayne ~

Charlie (Squach)
lt632ret

Post by lt632ret »

Schrade bought IXL Wostenholm in 1979 and owned that firm until 1981 approximately 3 years. During that period I believe they produced some of the nicest knives they ever made. This is a Stag Canoe which was one of those knives. The English were not happy in having American bosses and the marriage obviously did not last long. In fact when the new American bosses came to inspect there new factory the employees had moved the machinery in the plant and were playing soccer on the floor just to make there distain obvious. LT
Sasquach
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Sasquach »

Thank you. I don't have any reference material on Schrade and I didn't see a list for Schrade/Wostenholm. I was hoping to be able to date this knife and you obliged very nicely. Thanks again. :) Interesting story to go with it too! ::tu::
A GOOD KNIFE IS LIKE A GOOD FRIEND, IT'LL NEVER LET YOU DOWN.

“Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway.”
~ John Wayne ~

Charlie (Squach)
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Where's the list of what Shrade knives came with what blades and sizes?
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
Shearer
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Shearer »

TripleF wrote:Where's the list of what Shrade knives came with what blades and sizes?
http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/research-page/
Politicians should be like a good pocket knife ." Sharp and useful "
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Not it.....

which stockman had the saw blade?
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
Shearer
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Shearer »

and
TripleF wrote:Not it.....

The Old Timer 89OT (4"stockman )has a serrated blade.
97Ot and 2250T have saw blades.( these are over

Grant
Politicians should be like a good pocket knife ." Sharp and useful "
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

TripleF wrote:Not it.....

I don't think Schrade made a stockman with a saw.
If they made one it never was listed in their catalogs.
Dale
AAPK Administrator

MrBlister

Post by MrBlister »

Whars the pics n lists of the OLD Schrade Cut Cos????
Give bessie

HET and thanks
Attachments
outake.jpg
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

MrBlister wrote:Whars the pics n lists of the OLD Schrade Cut Cos????
Give bessie

HET and thanks
It took me 5 years to put together those lists from 1946 to 2004. I spent thousands of hours and hundreds of dollars to buy catalogs and literature to comb through to get the list that is there.

I think it is your turn Dave to step up to the plate and take one for the team! :mrgreen:
There are only a couple catalogs that you have to go through and put the info in a spread sheet.
If a guy worked at it 8 hours per day, he could probably do it in a couple weeks. ::nod::
That is a piece of cake compared to searching to find missing years of catalogs, price lists & flyers and having to correct the info in my spread sheet every time I found a missing catalog or price list.
My hands are too crippled to do that much typing again. I can type or work on knives, but not both. Guess which one I am going to do! ::super_happy::
Here I can use dictation software but that is too cumbersome in a spread sheet.

You can do it Blister, "BATTER UP!" ::tu::
Dale
AAPK Administrator

MrBlister

Post by MrBlister »

Well of course Dale.!!!! **** coff coff****
but ima seeking 1917 - 1946 (arent i )???
For Schrade cut co Walden ????

plse advise inbetween A-Bomb drills under the desks... ::rotflol::

Return to “Schrade Legacy Forum”