Some of my Gems from 2015

Schrade Cutlery Company was founded in 1904 by George Schrade, and his brothers Jacob and William Schrade. In 1946 Imperial Knife Associated Companies, (IKAC; an association of Ulster Knife Co and Imperial Knife Co) purchased controlling interest in Schrade Cut Co and changed the name to Schrade Walden Cutlery. In 1973 the name was changed to Schrade Cutlery. In 2004 Schrade closed due to bankruptcy.

This forum is dedicated to the knives that are the legacy of this company. This forum is not the place to discuss the replica knives currently being imported using the Schrade name.
Schradenut
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Some of my Gems from 2015

Post by Schradenut »

I was very fortunate to take possession of some really nice Schrade knives during 2015.

There were so many wonderful Schrade knives made, and even after 6-7 years i am still finding some truly remarkable knives, that i had no idea they made.

Herman Williams was very kind to me last year, re-handling some knives in Stag and Rams Horn, as well as doing some exquisite file work on them. You will see the 75th Anniversary knife that he re-handles in Stag, and performed file work on every edge. Some of the filing was so fine that i could barely see it. A remarkable Craftsman.

The Schrade Walden 153uh was a very lucky find, because it is the same knife that is featured in Larry303's threat "The One and Only"(page 15). A superb knife in mint condition.

For me personally, the find of the year was the Schrade Walden "Fortune" knife, with 14k Gold filled covers. It was produced in 1946 and cost US$125 back then. A beautiful small, mint knife.

Another very rare knife that now adorns my knife cabinet, is the Schrade 75th Anniversary "$1,000" knife, with its Stag covers and all the bling.

I have included a few others that are also very precious to me.

I hope you all get some enjoyment out of "My Gems for 2015"....i know i still am.

Tony.

(A special thanks to Doug Webber, who made it possible for me to receive all these lovely knives)

(The two hardest things in life are failure and success)
Attachments
American Legends-Buffalo Bill.JPG
American Legends-General Douglas Macarthur.JPG
American Legends-Theodore Rooseveldt.JPG
Canal Street Cutlery-1st Year Anniv-2005~2006.JPG
Outers Pattern Knives.JPG
Schrade $1,000 FORTUNE Knife.JPG
Schrade Rogers-Blade Changer.JPG
Schrade Walden-152uh---SN 786-2.JPG
Schrade Walden-153uh---SN 786-1.JPG
Schrade Walden-FORTUNE Knife-14k Gold.JPG
Schradenut
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Some of my Gems from 2015 Part 2

Post by Schradenut »

A few more that were in the frame, that might be of interest.

2015 was an incredible year, which i doubt i can emulate in 2016...but i will be looking.
Tony.
Attachments
Schrade-25ot-Rams Horn Handles-H Williams-1.JPG
Schrade-75th Anniv-Stag-Filed by H Williams-1.JPG
Schrade-Copenhagen Snuff-153uh-Dark Laminated Timber Handle.JPG
Schrade-Copenhagen Snuff-153uh-Torched Stag Handle.JPG
Schrade-NRA-Bowie.JPG
Schrade-PH1-by Shaw Leibowitz.JPG
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Some of my Gems from 2015

Post by edge213 »

WOW!! You definitely have some special knives.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
dweb1897

Post by dweb1897 »

You have a remarkable collection, and have added some great knives this year, Tony. Each year I look forward to your Gems post. I want to thank you for letting me ship your knives to Australia. Having the opportunity to hold and examine the $1000 knife, the Fortune knife and the Loveless / Leibowitz certainly made 2015 a special year for me.
I have a hard time trusting someone who doesn't like dogs...but if my dog doesn't like someone, I'll trust that.
Acorn, a better friend than I deserved, gone but never forgotten...run fast and free 11-5-2018 I'll see you soon
ozzie marie

Post by ozzie marie »

AWESOME! ::woot::

Keith
Loyalty and Respect are not purchased and owned for a lifetime, they are earned everyday.

Please visit my store at:
http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ozziemarie
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

An excellent collection all by themselves Tony!
2015 was indeed very good to you.
Amazing knives!
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

“In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” - George Orwell
Schradenut
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Schradenut »

Thank you Dale.
Looking back on the year, i am amazed that all those marvelous knives even presented themselves for sale. Not only that, but the sale prices were reasonable as well.
Tony. :D
Chase
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Chase »

Gorgeous gathering there Tony, you did have a great 2015!

Tom
ea42

Post by ea42 »

Tony those are fantastic! Any one of those alone would be considered a prize grail knife, seeing them all in one place is just mind boggling. Pretty cool that you have all the bling and paperwork with the gold knife, very rare to see it all together. ::tu::

Congrats on a banner year!!!

Eric
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Wow, just wow! OH
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
Chase
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Chase »

Tony,

I had to come back for a second and third look! Something just doesn't seem right with those knives. There are definately some that just don't fit in with the others. Pick out the ones that don't go along with the rest, send them to me and I'll see if I can figure it out or maybe match them up with some of my stuff and see if we can't nail this down.....LOL

just trying to help you out....I hate to see a fellow Schrade guy bang his head against the wall trying to figure it out.....and of course I offer this service to you for FREE

Seriously".......Great Knives and I hope your 2016 is even better!

Tom
Schradenut
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Schradenut »

Many thanks Tom.
This lot aren't too bad, but they pale into insignificance when put back to back with your gems.
I think we both did pretty well in 2015. Not sure i can emulate last year....but i will be trying.
Cheers,
Tony.

Return to “Schrade Legacy Forum”