3 Sharpfingers by Herman Williams

Schrade Cutlery Company was founded in 1904 by George Schrade, and his brothers Jacob and William Schrade. In 1946 Imperial Knife Associated Companies, (IKAC; an association of Ulster Knife Co and Imperial Knife Co) purchased controlling interest in Schrade Cut Co and changed the name to Schrade Walden Cutlery. In 1973 the name was changed to Schrade Cutlery. In 2004 Schrade closed due to bankruptcy.

This forum is dedicated to the knives that are the legacy of this company. This forum is not the place to discuss the replica knives currently being imported using the Schrade name.
dweb1897

3 Sharpfingers by Herman Williams

Post by dweb1897 »

I guess the Sambar Stag that Herman is known for is getting harder to find so he's doing some knives with Rams Horn. The rams horn and the jigged bone just came in the mail. When I get a sunny day I'll get some better pictures outside. The color and grain of the rams horn is just outstanding. The machine he uses for the jigging was made in Schrade's machine shop and is most likely a one of a kind. He said that the only difference was the Schrade employees had to wear leather gloves.
JIGGED BONE-RAMS HORN-2.jpg
JIGGED BONE-RAMS HORN-3.jpg
RAMS HORN-4.jpg
RAMS HORN-5.jpg
SAMBAR STAG-RAM'S HORN-JIGGED BONE-6.jpg
I have a hard time trusting someone who doesn't like dogs...but if my dog doesn't like someone, I'll trust that.
Acorn, a better friend than I deserved, gone but never forgotten...run fast and free 11-5-2018 I'll see you soon
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: 3 Sharpfingers by Herman Williams

Post by TripleF »

EPIC!!!! ::tu::
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Those are beautiful!
Did Herman put his name on them?
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

I like that ram's horn. A lot. ::drool::
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
dweb1897

Post by dweb1897 »

jerryd6818 wrote:I like that ram's horn. A lot. ::drool::
Herman has a beautiful PH1 and PH2 set that he's customized with file work, machined turned blade, and Ram's Horn handles up for auction on Ebay. His Ebay handle is Electra_225.
I have a hard time trusting someone who doesn't like dogs...but if my dog doesn't like someone, I'll trust that.
Acorn, a better friend than I deserved, gone but never forgotten...run fast and free 11-5-2018 I'll see you soon
dweb1897

Post by dweb1897 »

orvet wrote:Those are beautiful!
Did Herman put his name on them?
Yes he did. They also come with a signed Certificate of Authenticity
4.JPG
Producer

Post by Producer »

Beautiful knives. Great work by Mr. Williams.
I never met a Schrade I didn't like
Chase
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Chase »

Wow! Those are fantastic and I am jealous....LOL

Tom
Mustanger

Post by Mustanger »

I'm positive that I have never seen more beautiful rams horn handles before. Most of them I don't like much. Those are very, very nice! ::tu::
dweb1897

Post by dweb1897 »

Mustanger wrote:I'm positive that I have never seen more beautiful rams horn handles before. Most of them I don't like much. Those are very, very nice! ::tu::
Herman uses just a touch of dye on them, he is well known for the Sambar stag and he wanted to continue the reddish color..He said that the horn can be soaked in water to soften it and then it will take the dye in..gives it the deep color..not just a surface dye. Check out the set of Pro Hunters he has on Ebay. He's going to do a Schrade gut hook muskrat for me in the lighter natural color..I just want to see how it looks. For quite awhile, Herman has sold his knives on Ebay and did very little work for individuals, other than his old clients. I was talking to him today and he said he is going to start taking on special orders and new customers again.
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

Very nice stuff!!!!
Mustanger

Post by Mustanger »

dweb1897 wrote:
Mustanger wrote:I'm positive that I have never seen more beautiful rams horn handles before. Most of them I don't like much. Those are very, very nice! ::tu::
Herman uses just a touch of dye on them, he is well known for the Sambar stag and he wanted to continue the reddish color..He said that the horn can be soaked in water to soften it and then it will take the dye in..gives it the deep color..not just a surface dye. Check out the set of Pro Hunters he has on Ebay. He's going to do a Schrade gut hook muskrat for me in the lighter natural color..I just want to see how it looks. For quite awhile, Herman has sold his knives on Ebay and did very little work for individuals, other than his old clients. I was talking to him today and he said he is going to start taking on special orders and new customers again.
Hmm....Might have to give that some thought. Wonder what a 51OT would look like with that brown rams horn? Or a 13OT? Or a 165UH? Hmm...... ::nod::
dweb1897

Post by dweb1897 »

Mustanger, Ask and you shall receive

Herman put a 51OT with ram's horn on Ebay last week...It was sold before I knew it was for sale, here's the pic from Ebay's completed listings. Check out the file work he did on it. item # 281693991360
The one with the black ram's horn is a current listing item # 281697558977
51OT Ram's Horn.JPG
51OT Black  Ram's Horn.JPG
Mustanger

Post by Mustanger »

Yep, I thought the 51OT would look pretty hot with that horn on it and the file work is amazing. I may contact Herman about those. I noticed in the listing for that one that there are two different knives in the pictures. One a SC504 and a 51OT. And in snooping around I see he just bought 2 51OT parts knives. Zero bids, so I guess he sold it elsewhere? That brown horn is definitely is the look for a 51OT. Thanks, Doug.
dweb1897

Post by dweb1897 »

Mustanger wrote:Yep, I thought the 51OT would look pretty hot with that horn on it and the file work is amazing. I may contact Herman about those. I noticed in the listing for that one that there are two different knives in the pictures. One a SC504 and a 51OT. And in snooping around I see he just bought 2 51OT parts knives. Zero bids, so I guess he sold it elsewhere? That brown horn is definitely is the look for a 51OT. Thanks, Doug.
I would imagine he did, I know when I asked about it, he said it wasn't available. I saw one of those 51OT parts knives and sent him an Email about it. Sometimes he notices a knife I might be interested in, and sometimes I see one he might be interested in. He's still working on more of the white bone knives for me but when they are done I'm looking forward to a new ram's horn. I picked up a 166 Buffalo Bill Bowie on Ebay. The blade is great but it looks like a dog did some damage to the sheath and the wood handle so it went pretty cheap. It will be a sweetheart though with ram's horn handles and file worked spine.
wlf

Post by wlf »

Their all beautiful Web, but I love that old jigged bone look, excellent.
I buy roosters combs and farmers..........................................................jack knives [/b]

GEC SFOs and others at LICK CREEK CUTLERY- www.allaboutpocketknives.com/wlf

May the Father and Son bless
Lyle
Schradenut
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Schradenut »

Beautiful bunch of Sharpfinger's you have there Gunner. You are amassing a substantial collection of super knives...mainly done by the great Herman Williams.
Tony.
dweb1897

Post by dweb1897 »

Their all beautiful Web, but I love that old jigged bone look, excellent.[/quote]

That is one of my favorites also. Here's a look at the other jigged bones I've gotten from him. 8041 Heritage whittler, two 7801 Heritage muskrats with jigged brownish green bone...one with a spey blade, a matching set of 233's with jigged brown bone...one Schrade and the other a Schrade Walden and a 895
The 8041 Heritage whittler was a lot easier to find and a lot more affordable than a 804.
Sure looks like an old one with the jigged bone and the etching buffed off the blade
HW JIGGED BONE FOLDERS.JPG
[quote="wlf"]
HW 8041 HERITAGE WHITTLER.JPG
wlf

Post by wlf »

You knew I liked that 804 the best,but they are all cherished collectables. That pattern got me started down the road I'm on.
I buy roosters combs and farmers..........................................................jack knives [/b]

GEC SFOs and others at LICK CREEK CUTLERY- www.allaboutpocketknives.com/wlf

May the Father and Son bless
Lyle

Return to “Schrade Legacy Forum”