LB7 SERIAL NUMBER

Schrade Cutlery Company was founded in 1904 by George Schrade, and his brothers Jacob and William Schrade. In 1946 Imperial Knife Associated Companies, (IKAC; an association of Ulster Knife Co and Imperial Knife Co) purchased controlling interest in Schrade Cut Co and changed the name to Schrade Walden Cutlery. In 1973 the name was changed to Schrade Cutlery. In 2004 Schrade closed due to bankruptcy.

This forum is dedicated to the knives that are the legacy of this company. This forum is not the place to discuss the replica knives currently being imported using the Schrade name.
TOMMY

LB7 SERIAL NUMBER

Post by TOMMY »

I'VE ADDED AN LB7 TO MY COLLECTION AND RAN INTO SOME QUESTIONS THAT SOMEONE ELSE POSTED ABOUT 3 OR 4 HANDLE RIVETS. I FOUND IT QUITE INFORMATIVE.
CAN ANYONE TELL ME ABOUT HOW THIS SERIAL# READS AND IF THERE IS A WAY TO TELL WHAT YEAR THIS KNIFE WAS MADE IN?? #AY88029. I THOUGHT IT MAY BE FEB.9, 1988
ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT.
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: LB7 SERIAL NUMBER

Post by orvet »

The dating of the Schrade serial numbers by-in-large still remains a mystery at this point in time.

There a couple guys in the Schrade forum at BladeForums who try to date them, but even they admit it is at best an educated guess.

Dale
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
TOMMY

Re: LB7 SERIAL NUMBER

Post by TOMMY »

WELL THANKS I'LL SEE IF THE OTHER GUYS CAN HELP.

Return to “Schrade Legacy Forum”