Camillus 100th Anniversary Knife Set 1876-1976

The Camillus Cutlery Company was one of the oldest knife manufacturers in the United States with roots dating back to 1876. The company manufactured Camillus branded knives and was a prolific contractor for other knife brands up until its last days in 2007 when the company filed for bankruptcy.
Miller Bro's
Posts: 8888
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:22 pm

Camillus 100th Anniversary Knife Set 1876-1976

Postby Miller Bro's » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:24 pm

I have not seen one of these posted before. It has the knife and key chain in a nice box, I have the cardboard sleeve it came in too and it`s marked $22.50 :o
Attachments
30.JPG
30.JPG (37.99 KiB) Viewed 1094 times
31.JPG
31.JPG (47.74 KiB) Viewed 1094 times
32.JPG
32.JPG (46.32 KiB) Viewed 1094 times
33.JPG
34.JPG
34.JPG (39.69 KiB) Viewed 1094 times
35.JPG
35.JPG (24.45 KiB) Viewed 1094 times
36.JPG
36.JPG (32.33 KiB) Viewed 1094 times
AAPK Janitor #3350

gino
Posts: 7460
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:50 pm

Re: Camillus 100th Anniversary Knife Set 1876-1976

Postby gino » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:41 pm

I have a few. Jr has a few also. Cool knives tho! ;)
The sleve on mine is 22.50 also. The stockman is 25.00
I was wondering if they came from the factory marked so I guess they did?
Attachments
case%20xx%20Jack%20014[1].jpg
case%20xx%20Jack%20014[1].jpg (38.78 KiB) Viewed 1089 times
case%20xx%20Jack%20015[1].jpg
case%20xx%20Jack%20015[1].jpg (38.04 KiB) Viewed 1089 times

User avatar
carrmillus
Posts: 3713
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:22 pm
Location: tupelo, miss.

Re: Camillus 100th Anniversary Knife Set 1876-1976

Postby carrmillus » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:11 pm

Miller Bro`s wrote:I have not seen one of these posted before. It has the knife and key chain in a nice box, I have the cardboard sleeve it came in too and it`s marked $22.50 :o

i have the stockman set. have had it several years, but it had no price on it. i have been told the shields on these were gold, but it sure looks like brass to me!-anybody know for sure if it's gold?????

gino
Posts: 7460
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:50 pm

Re: Camillus 100th Anniversary Knife Set 1876-1976

Postby gino » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:53 pm

The shields are brass. They look good but not that good LOL ;)

User avatar
TripleF
Posts: 10675
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:42 pm
Location: West Central FL
Contact:

Re: Camillus 100th Anniversary Knife Set 1876-1976

Postby TripleF » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:18 pm

Too cool! ::tu::
SCOTT

http://www.PocketKnivesBlog.com

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb

Miller Bro's
Posts: 8888
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:22 pm

Re: Camillus 100th Anniversary Knife Set 1876-1976

Postby Miller Bro's » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:20 pm

Thanks for posting your knives Gino ::tu::

I did not know there was another different model.

The shields are definitely not gold.

Wish they were :D Image
AAPK Janitor #3350

User avatar
orvet
Posts: 14078
Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 6:23 am
Location: Willamette Valley, Oregon

Re: Camillus 100th Anniversary Knife Set 1876-1976

Postby orvet » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:12 am

I have the medallion and a few other items from the Camillus 100th Anniversary;
Courtesy of Dennis Ellingsen of the Oregon Knife Collectors Association.


Camillus Medallion  a.jpg


Camillus 100 Anniv sticker.jpg


Camillus 100 Anniv matches.jpg


Dennis gave me a few stickers and a box of the matches.




I don't know if the patch is associated with the 100th Anniversary.
IIRC it came from Tom Williams.
Camillus patch.jpg



Now I need to find the knives to go with the stickers and matches. ::hmm::
Dale
AAPK Administrator

orvet@comcast.net
Please visit my AAPK store: http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/kni ... e37-y.html

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain

User avatar
Old Hunter
Posts: 5568
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:14 am
Location: Eastern NC

Re: Camillus 100th Anniversary Knife Set 1876-1976

Postby Old Hunter » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:55 pm

I saw one of the boxed stockman's in a pawn shop last week. I thought it looked identical to a Buck 301 I own (1970 vintage) with white handles in lieu of black, even the shield has the same shape as a Buck.

Ps What price should I offer for the stockman I saw?
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark

User avatar
jerryd6818
Posts: 22255
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:23 am
Location: The middle of the top of a bastion of Liberalism.

Re: Camillus 100th Anniversary Knife Set 1876-1976

Postby jerryd6818 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:22 pm

Well, I couldn't find it but I thought I remembered someone saying this #72 was one of the 100th anniversary knives Camillus put out. Please correct me if that is not true.
Attachments
Camillus 72 100th Anniversary Carpenters Whittler Open.JPG
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012

User avatar
carrmillus
Posts: 3713
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:22 pm
Location: tupelo, miss.

Re: Camillus 100th Anniversary Knife Set 1876-1976

Postby carrmillus » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:10 pm

jerryd6818 wrote:Well, I couldn't find it but I thought I remembered someone saying this #72 was one of the 100th anniversary knives Camillus put out. Please correct me if that is not true.

that's it, jerry, i have one i've had for 10 years. do you have the special box and certificate? the box has the blade etch scene on the inside of the lid and there's a certificate that says 1 of 2000

User avatar
jerryd6818
Posts: 22255
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:23 am
Location: The middle of the top of a bastion of Liberalism.

Re: Camillus 100th Anniversary Knife Set 1876-1976

Postby jerryd6818 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:40 pm

carrmillus wrote:
jerryd6818 wrote:Well, I couldn't find it but I thought I remembered someone saying this #72 was one of the 100th anniversary knives Camillus put out. Please correct me if that is not true.

that's it, jerry, i have one i've had for 10 years. do you have the special box and certificate? the box has the blade etch scene on the inside of the lid and there's a certificate that says 1 of 2000

Ah Ha!! As soon as I saw your name on the post, I remembered that you were the one I heard this from. Thank you.

I bought it off eBay and only got the knife. They would probably have wanted a brazillion dollars for it if they had the box and paperwork and knew what it is.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012

User avatar
carrmillus
Posts: 3713
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:22 pm
Location: tupelo, miss.

Re: Camillus 100th Anniversary Knife Set 1876-1976

Postby carrmillus » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:28 pm

jerryd6818 wrote:
carrmillus wrote:
jerryd6818 wrote:Well, I couldn't find it but I thought I remembered someone saying this #72 was one of the 100th anniversary knives Camillus put out. Please correct me if that is not true.

that's it, jerry, i have one i've had for 10 years. do you have the special box and certificate? the box has the blade etch scene on the inside of the lid and there's a certificate that says 1 of 2000

Ah Ha!! As soon as I saw your name on the post, I remembered that you were the one I heard this from. Thank you.

I bought it off eBay and only got the knife. They would probably have wanted a brazillion dollars for it if they had the box and paperwork and knew what it is.

jerry, i got mine off of ebay, too, but it was way before they went out of business in 2007-i think i paid less than $30.00 for it, and it and the box are mint!- i probably couldn't afford to bid on one now!-seems like the day after they went out of business, the prices skyrocketed!!

User avatar
jerryd6818
Posts: 22255
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:23 am
Location: The middle of the top of a bastion of Liberalism.

Re: Camillus 100th Anniversary Knife Set 1876-1976

Postby jerryd6818 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:11 pm

Just like authors and artists, once they breath their last their work becomes much more desirable and valuable. I think I gave somewhere around $30 including shipping for this one. I didn't know it was 100th anniversary when I bought it. I noticed after I had it in hand, it has a very hard to see (get out the magnifying glass) pin crack at the mark side rocker pin. :(
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012


Return to “Camillus Cutlery Collector's Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: golfish7561 and 14 guests