camillus #72

The Camillus Cutlery Company was one of the oldest knife manufacturers in the United States with roots dating back to 1876. The company manufactured Camillus branded knives and was a prolific contractor for other knife brands up until its last days in 2007 when the company filed for bankruptcy.
User avatar
carrmillus
Posts: 3872
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:22 pm
Location: tupelo, miss.

Re: camillus #72

Postby carrmillus » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:47 pm

jerryd6818 wrote:
carrmillus wrote:
gsmith7158 wrote:Here's one for your viewing pleasure!

http://m.ebay.com/itm/152476748303

..greg, I used to have one of those, I think I gave it to jerryd, those are pretty rare, too!!!.... ::tu:: ...........

Them things are as scarce as hen's teeth. Even at that, $379.95 is just a mite on the high side.

...we need to find out what this guy is smoking!!!......... ::facepalm:: ............

User avatar
gsmith7158
Posts: 3512
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:25 pm
Location: Marietta, Ga. 5% of the time

Re: camillus #72

Postby gsmith7158 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:52 pm

carrmillus wrote:
jerryd6818 wrote:
carrmillus wrote:..greg, I used to have one of those, I think I gave it to jerryd, those are pretty rare, too!!!.... ::tu:: ...........

Them things are as scarce as hen's teeth. Even at that, $379.95 is just a mite on the high side.

...we need to find out what this guy is smoking!!!......... ::facepalm:: ............


Well that's why I put "for your viewing pleasure" cause I knew I couldn't pay that for it! :shock:
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.

User avatar
carrmillus
Posts: 3872
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:22 pm
Location: tupelo, miss.

Re: camillus #72

Postby carrmillus » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:00 pm

gsmith7158 wrote:
carrmillus wrote:
jerryd6818 wrote:Them things are as scarce as hen's teeth. Even at that, $379.95 is just a mite on the high side.

...we need to find out what this guy is smoking!!!......... ::facepalm:: ............


Well that's why I put "for your viewing pleasure" cause I knew I couldn't pay that for it! :shock:

.......wife just sat down at the computer, and this was still up on the screen and she said "you gave away a $380.00 knife?...you need to quit smoking swisher sweets"!!.................. ::tu:: ..................

User avatar
gsmith7158
Posts: 3512
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:25 pm
Location: Marietta, Ga. 5% of the time

Re: camillus #72

Postby gsmith7158 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:09 pm

Well, back to reality. This poor old girl just came in.Only $10.00 so maybe we can splurge a bit to bring her up to snuff.Her sisters [3 first gens and a second gen] will be rooting for her!
Attachments
097.JPG
098.JPG
089.JPG
090.JPG
091.JPG
092.JPG
093.JPG
094.JPG
095.JPG
096.JPG
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.

User avatar
carrmillus
Posts: 3872
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:22 pm
Location: tupelo, miss.

Re: camillus #72

Postby carrmillus » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:15 pm

......greg, you've got a VERY nice collection!!!!............. ::ds:: .....................

User avatar
Colonel26
Posts: 4990
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:35 am
Location: Kentucky

Re: camillus #72

Postby Colonel26 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:21 pm

jerryd6818 wrote:
carrmillus wrote:
gsmith7158 wrote:Here's one for your viewing pleasure!

http://m.ebay.com/itm/152476748303

..greg, I used to have one of those, I think I gave it to jerryd, those are pretty rare, too!!!.... ::tu:: ...........

Them things are as scarce as hen's teeth. Even at that, $379.95 is just a mite on the high side.


Ah, common Cuz. What else are you going to do with all that filthy lucre?
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee

User avatar
jerryd6818
Posts: 23534
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:23 am
Location: The middle of the top of a bastion of Liberalism.

Re: camillus #72

Postby jerryd6818 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:10 am

Run it through the washing machine and make it clean lucre.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012

User avatar
Colonel26
Posts: 4990
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:35 am
Location: Kentucky

Re: camillus #72

Postby Colonel26 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:27 am

jerryd6818 wrote:Run it through the washing machine and make it clean lucre.


Brahahaha ::handshake::
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee

User avatar
Colonel26
Posts: 4990
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:35 am
Location: Kentucky

Re: camillus #72

Postby Colonel26 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:29 am

gsmith7158 wrote:Well, back to reality. This poor old girl just came in.Only $10.00 so maybe we can splurge a bit to bring her up to snuff.Her sisters [3 first gens and a second gen] will be rooting for her!


I had that one on my watch list and came awful close to bidding but got sidetracked by a loomfixer. I'm glad it stayed in the family.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee

User avatar
gsmith7158
Posts: 3512
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:25 pm
Location: Marietta, Ga. 5% of the time

Re: camillus #72

Postby gsmith7158 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:26 am

carrmillus wrote:......greg, you've got a VERY nice collection!!!!............. ::ds:: .....................

Thanks Tommy! Just a small collection but one of my favorites! ::tu::
Colonel26 wrote:
gsmith7158 wrote:Well, back to reality. This poor old girl just came in.Only $10.00 so maybe we can splurge a bit to bring her up to snuff.Her sisters [3 first gens and a second gen] will be rooting for her!


I had that one on my watch list and came awful close to bidding but got sidetracked by a loomfixer. I'm glad it stayed in the family.

Wade if you had bid any more than 12 bucks it would have been yours ::nod::
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.

User avatar
SolWarrior
Posts: 181
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:14 pm
Location: Spurs City - San Antonio, Tejas

Re: camillus #72

Postby SolWarrior » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:07 pm

Greg, I agree with Tommy. Awesome collection of short lines. ::super_happy:: ::clapping:: ::tu:: ::tu:: And what a bargain on the latest member. That's what I'd like to shoot for - a small collection of nothing but short line in bone. I wonder if all short line bone is Rogers? Who's your repair guy...Dale?
Felix

Like the eye in a powerful hurricane - remain centered amidst chaos.

I am always amazed at what the self-glorified worship - anything you can convince them of being them in itself, even a hypocrisy which places special interest above all else.


Return to “Camillus Cutlery Collector's Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests