Risner

The Queen Cutlery Company manufactured knives in Titusville Pennsylvania for 96 years. The company opened its only factory there in 1919 and commenced to make some of the best US crafted cutlery you will find. Unfortunately, the Titusville manufacturing plant closed down in 2018.
Rookie
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Risner

Post by Rookie »

Most familiar with Queen Cutlery or Schatt & Morgan have heard the name Clarence Risner before. He was a dealer for Queen for 40+ years, and also was NKCA president at one time. Sadly he passed away Tuesday night, June 7. Those who knew him will miss him greatly.

I only had the privilege of meeting and speaking with him a handful of times at knife shows. He was always very nice and polite, and was a wealth of knowledge.
Carl B.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Risner

Post by jerryd6818 »

Although I didn't know him personally, I have purchased several knives from him and always felt I had been dealt with honestly and received high quality merchandise at a fair price. RIP Mr. Risner.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

Sorry to hear that.I''ve known Clarence for many years.He will be missed.
Roger
El Gato

Post by El Gato »

I am saddened to hear of Clarence passing. He always treated me well when I purchased knives from him.
The Queen Cutlery community has lost an important friend. :(
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

Sorry to hear this, thoughts and prayers to his friends and family may he RIP.
knowtracks

Post by knowtracks »

I will add my name to the well wishers for Clarence's family. He was a straight shooter on every deal with me and everyone I have ever talked to.
Not only was he a prominent person with Queen with the Premier Series and umpteen SFO's but he also owned the Indian Head and Jim Bowie stamp and was the leading importer of Eye Brand knives in this country. He kept the NKCA afloat for years! The knife community has lost a great friend with his passing. Without a doubt pocketknives were Clarence Risner's life. I'm certain he has forgotten more about pocketknives than I will ever know.
My deepest condolences to his family. I will say a prayer for you my friend. ::pray::

Dave
I don't speak no Flathead ya know!

Return to “Queen Cutlery Collector's Forum”