Does anyone have a Model 25 "Jet"?

The Queen Cutlery Company manufactured knives in Titusville Pennsylvania for 96 years. The company opened its only factory there in 1919 and commenced to make some of the best US crafted cutlery you will find. Unfortunately, the Titusville manufacturing plant closed down in 2018.

Would you buy a Queen Model 25 "Jet" were production resumed?

1) Yes! It's a useful pattern for "automatic friendly" jurisdictions/states.
88%
2) No. It just wouldn't sell. (Too much competition for automatic knives).
13%

Total votes: 8

Captain O

Does anyone have a Model 25 "Jet"?

Post by Captain O »

A rare model (discontinued in 1957) The Queen Model 25 "Jet". Would anyone like to see this pattern resumed? Would you buy one of these knives were production of the pattern resumed?
Jody744
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Does anyone have a Model 25 "Jet"?

Post by Jody744 »

I would not. Don't care for toothpick pattern.
"I like Case, Queen, S & M, Fightn' Rooster and many more."
(quote stolen from one of Jody Brown's posts)
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

I have a few Queen full-size toothpicks already. If they started producing a switchblade model? Oh heck yes I'd get one. :mrgreen: ::tu::

Noticed there's not much consistency with Queen's model numbers from era to era, huh? Here's a relatively recent (but pre-Daniels) Queen #25 as per the etch on the mark side of the blade - a 1-armed Barlow. ::hmm::
30529972202_eb22317fa6_k.jpg
Tony
ImageImageImageImage
Everything's better with a Barlow
stagnut

Post by stagnut »

If they made the liners from titanium and the sear as well and if they were closed correctly they would not wear so fast if at all . The brass liner is too soft , So the hardened tempered sear wears the sear hole very quickly and you have the Queen curse of the peeking blade.
That and they do not lock open makes for a horrible user knife. I had hundreds of factory parts the springs , sears & front liners were the first to go, I have to hand make the sears and springs
I still have a few sets for custom jobs but i'm not about to break a matching pair for a repair.
A lot of older toothpick folders are the same size no matter the knife company, so the liners, bolsters and back springs can be used for repairs, the front liner just needs the sear hole cut in and the back liner needs the hole drilled for the back of the sear plunger.The toothpick pattern is one of the most favorite patterns of most . Sometimes its the first knife we get as kids. The knife just needs some fine tuning to be a great user now that the laws are changing for switchblades. Sorry my answer took so long hope you all didnt fall asleep. My answers YES Regards Stagnut

Return to “Queen Cutlery Collector's Forum”