Stamped Bolster English Jack?

Boker specific research and history discussions, Questions & answers, Picture sharing
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Re: Stamped Bolster English Jack?

Post by djknife13 »

To me and from what I can see they just look worn. They look, from the picture to match sizes. I'm pretty sure if a good repairman looked at it he could tell you if everything is original but it looks like it's all good to me, who admittedly is not a knife repairman. Sometimes the pin just gets worn or breaks and is replaced and often with steel instead of nickel silver. I still don't know enough about Boker to know if some of the German made ones came with pin material that didn't match the bolster material.____Dave
Yehuda

Post by Yehuda »

Thanks. Your input is very much appreciated!
"Wise man say, forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."
Yehuda

Post by Yehuda »

djknife13 wrote:To me and from what I can see they just look worn. They look, from the picture to match sizes. I'm pretty sure if a good repairman looked at it he could tell you if everything is original but it looks like it's all good to me, who admittedly is not a knife repairman. Sometimes the pin just gets worn or breaks and is replaced and often with steel instead of nickel silver. I still don't know enough about Boker to know if some of the German made ones came with pin material that didn't match the bolster material.____Dave
I'm sending the knife to muskrat man Monday afternoon for a refurbishing job. I think it deserves a little TLC!!
djknife13
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by djknife13 »

I'm anxious to see how it turns out. ___Dave
Yehuda

Post by Yehuda »

djknife13 wrote:I'm anxious to see how it turns out. ___Dave
Stay tuned!
Yehuda

Post by Yehuda »

Got the knife back. It looks the same so no reason to post pics. Muskrat Man got the blades snapping, no wobble and the springs at the right height. Very happy with it.

Return to “Boker Knife Collector's Forum”