Unusual shield and marking....

Boker specific research and history discussions, Questions & answers, Picture sharing
OzCammo

Unusual shield and marking....

Post by OzCammo »

Hi all,
Fairly new to the world of collecting and have found myself in posession of a Henry Boker pocket knife and I can't find another like it. The shield and the markings seem unusual because i couldn't find another either in this forum or anywhere else in collections. Has seriously sparked my curiousity, any leads would be much appreciated. Cheers in advance, Cam
Storks?
Storks?
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Unusual shield and marking....

Post by jerryd6818 »

OzCammo -- Welcome to AAPK.

This should tell you something about your knife. In the 1800s, the Boker family spread it's self through out several places in the world for the purpose of marketing Boker knives that were made in Germany. (or at least that's the way I understand it. Tim may be along sometime to correct me if I've got it wrong.) Your knife appears to be c.1970s and it says it was made in Germany for Remscheid Bokers to be sold in the Australian and African markets.

From the "cheers" I would guess that's your neck of the woods. :lol: Funny, I had the impression all Aussies were Schrade guys. All of them here so far, seem to be anyway. Check out the "Latest Schrade" thread. That's where the boys from down under hang out.
Attachments
Boker-Mark%20Zalesky's%20Boker%20Tang%20Stamps%202.JPG
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
OzCammo

Re: Unusual shield and marking....

Post by OzCammo »

Thank you for welcome, and thank you for the quick response and info.
Sounds about dead on, I am indeed in Australia, and 1970's would be a good fit with most of the other tools and things from this particular place...except the 1929 handsaw, but that's a whole other story.
Thanks again

Return to “Boker Knife Collector's Forum”