All is well again

Boker specific research and history discussions, Questions & answers, Picture sharing
ky greg

All is well again

Post by ky greg »

Awhile back I bought a New Britain era cigar from my buddy RangerBlueDog and a couple of weeks ago I noticed that I had lost the tree shield at some point...turned house and vehicles inside out searching, but I couldn't find it...... then after some luck on Ebay I found a donor, and after a goodly application of super glue all is well again.. ::ds::
Attachments
rbd boker.JPG
gino

Re: All is well again

Post by gino »

Looks great Greg! I picked up a old Boker without a shield and I contacted Boker a couple weeks ago and they said they would send one me on Monday. Well that was (2) Mondays ago and I am still waiting on it ::shrug::
-( life is too short to carry a cheap knife )-
rangerbluedog

Post by rangerbluedog »

Greg - ::ds:: HOORAY!
You found the proper shield too! No trademark (r)!

You know, that donor knife doesn't look too bad either.... ::hmm::
-Blue
Click the link below to order your copy of the Boker book!
https://TheBokerBook.com
ky greg

Post by ky greg »

I think it has a tad more wear than the original, but it's still better than a hole...and it's correct. I hated to take it from the donor, but it looked like someone had sharpened the blades with a grinder... ::dang::

I'll try and post some pics of the donor tomorrow...got any new blades laying around?..
where does the madness end?...lol
ky greg

Post by ky greg »

Here's the donor cigar...such disregard for a piece of art makes me mad. It takes a real knuckle dragger to use a grinder to sharpen a pocket knife in my opinion... ::dang::
Attachments
donor3.JPG
donor1.JPG
donor2.JPG
donor4.JPG
gino

Post by gino »

I recieved my shield today and put it in.
I put it facing that way becauser I have seen them both ways and I just like this way more I guess. ::shrug::
Attachments
knives 073.jpg
-( life is too short to carry a cheap knife )-

Return to “Boker Knife Collector's Forum”