Bokers: old &new

Boker specific research and history discussions, Questions & answers, Picture sharing
trapper

Bokers: old &new

Post by trapper »

Hi guys. I have a quick question for ya. I love my new boker's in c75 steel which is basically 1075. they seem to take and hold a great edge. What (carbon)steel was used in the older bokers? say in the 1950's-60's or what steel was used in the U.S.A made bokers? Also, do you find the older bokers held a better edge than the newer or vice-versa?
knifetime

Re: Bokers: old &new

Post by knifetime »

I will probably catch some crap for saying this but I think the new Boker knives are just as good as the old ones when it comes to steel. There didn't seem to be any difference in Boker USA or German Boker steel as far as I could tell. I do believe that the older Boker German knives are of better quality than the Boker USA knives.
-"...and he that cleaveth wood shall be endangered thereby If the iron be blunt,and he do not whet the edge,then must he put to more strength....Ecclesiastes 10 10 ;So the good book says
sharpen your knife !!!
rangerbluedog

Post by rangerbluedog »

Pretty much the same steel: 1070, 1080, 1090 somewhere thereabouts...
-Blue
Click the link below to order your copy of the Boker book!
https://TheBokerBook.com
whit107

Post by whit107 »

Agree knifetime, the new ones are just as good. I find the USA Bokers from the 1970s to be of the lowest quality but still pretty good. I speak of fit and finish, as well as the extensive use of Delrin as scales.
Life is far too short to carry a bad knife.

Return to “Boker Knife Collector's Forum”