boker civil war knives

Boker specific research and history discussions, Questions & answers, Picture sharing
bronco2

boker civil war knives

Post by bronco2 »

hello, i was looking at a few boker commemorative of the Final Campaign of the Civil War knife. like the one link below. how many are there? or where i could find out. thanks for the help denny

http://cgi.ebay.com/Boker-Commemorative ... 45f72742b2
rangerbluedog

Re: boker civil war knives

Post by rangerbluedog »

quoting from the Boker 1995/1996 catalog:

"Great Battles of the Civil War: To commemorate the epic War Between the States, in 1991 Boker introduced as series of five knives honoring Great Battles of the Civil War. Five 130th anniversary sets are being issued honoring the brave men of the North and South who died in decisive battles of that war. Each knife is crafted of Solingen stainless steel, with the highest qualty handle materials, bolsters, and blade etchings. Each set is serially numbered and will come in a handsome gift box with a booklet detailing the battles, strategies, and military leaders."

The catalog cost in 1995 was $76.95.

Here are the details as far as I know:

First Manassas (Bull Run) - Gray handles - Trapper
Shiloh - Blue handles - pattern?
Gettysburg - Gray handles - Trapper
The Wilderness - Blue handles - Copperhead
The Final Campaign - Blue and Gray handle - Trapper

I don't know how many were made, but I have never personally seen a serial number higher than 3000. Boker also made a couple of sets honoring Civil War generals of both sides. Two sets, each with three leaders. see photos below.
dixie set 1.jpg
yankee set.jpg
-Blue
Click the link below to order your copy of the Boker book!
https://TheBokerBook.com
bronco2

Post by bronco2 »

thanks blue. i purchase The Wilderness - Blue handles - Copperhead. man it has some pretty blue bone handles on it to. i have saw the one set of bokers knives with the south generals on it. never knew they had the other one. thanks for your help blue

denny
Attachments
DSCF8674.JPG
DSCF8674.JPG (25.37 KiB) Viewed 2758 times
DSCF8679.JPG
DSCF8679.JPG (23.99 KiB) Viewed 2758 times
DSCF8680.JPG
DSCF8680.JPG (29.54 KiB) Viewed 2758 times
rangerbluedog

Post by rangerbluedog »

Glad to help, Denny. Wow, those jigged blue bone handles pop! The other blue knife from this series is a smooth blue bone. To me, it is not as nice as the one you bought.
-Blue
Click the link below to order your copy of the Boker book!
https://TheBokerBook.com
bronco2

Post by bronco2 »

well, thats what got me the first time i saw it. the blue handles just shine right at ya. i love it. lot nicer in front of ya. you have any of them blue? if so you have any pictures? thanks denny

Return to “Boker Knife Collector's Forum”