American Hardware Industry Ltd. Edition 1979

Boker specific research and history discussions, Questions & answers, Picture sharing
69gto

American Hardware Industry Ltd. Edition 1979

Post by 69gto »

I've been collecting various Bokers for the past year and have had my eye on the American Hardware model. They pop up every now and then on ebay, usually available in original box and with paperwork. IThey sell anywhere from in the $30s to $70s. I own an older 2000 440c and like the solid feel, design and size. I'm interested in learning what other Boker enthusiasts think about the American Hardware piece or its collectibility? Thanks for your time.
Sal
rangerbluedog

Re: American Hardware Industry Ltd. Edition 1979

Post by rangerbluedog »

I think that one is pretty common. I see them a lot on ebay, and I even snuck up on one for $10 last year!
The value seems to be increasing recently. I've even seen some selling in the $50-$70 range. Boker made 20,000 of these in 1979. That's a lot for a limited edition.

I do like the knife though. Good solid lockup, and smooooooooth opening. ::tu::
-Blue
Click the link below to order your copy of the Boker book!
https://TheBokerBook.com
69gto

Post by 69gto »

Thanks, Blue. I took a pass on this one - it sold for around $38 - you got a great deal on yours! I'll keep looking b/c I do like some of the Ltd. Editions. Recently found a 'pristine 77 Amercian Indian Canoe in a pawn shop for $17. Came with all original packaging, too. Love finding Bokers at low prices - getting hard to do!!!
Sal
bronco2

Post by bronco2 »

i have one of these knives. and the indian knife as well. it is a great pc. i know where there is one at but he is asking 50 for it. but it is in a hard wood case. mine is in a carboard box. i think the best one is the railroader knife. anyone have one of these? man it has a great looking stag handles on it. super nice i think. thanks denny
robinetn

Post by robinetn »

bronco2 wrote:i have one of these knives. and the indian knife as well. it is a great pc. i know where there is one at but he is asking 50 for it. but it is in a hard wood case. mine is in a carboard box. i think the best one is the railroader knife. anyone have one of these? man it has a great looking stag handles on it. super nice i think. thanks denny
I appologize for the poor pics (bad lighting). :oops: P.S. I rubbed the green spot off of the back handle after the pic .

Bob R.
Attachments
001.JPG
002.JPG
003.JPG
004.JPG
005.JPG
bronco2

Post by bronco2 »

that's it robinetn. now isn't she a beauty. great pictures. i was going to post mine. but your's works just fine. thats a great knife. thanks for the pictures. denny
rangerbluedog

Post by rangerbluedog »

69gto wrote: Recently found a 'pristine 77 Amercian Indian Canoe in a pawn shop for $17. Came with all original packaging, too.
That's a great deal on that knife! ::tu::
-Blue
Click the link below to order your copy of the Boker book!
https://TheBokerBook.com
bronco2

Post by bronco2 »

I also like the coal miners set they have and the dixie set. still wanting them. thanks
robinetn

Post by robinetn »

bronco2 wrote:I also like the coal miners set they have and the dixie set. still wanting them. thanks
Two more poor pics , but the knives look much better in person . The round end stockman does have all of the "gold" wash (see 1st pic) .

Bob R. (RIDGEWOOD CUTLERY)
Attachments
001.JPG
002.JPG
bronco2

Post by bronco2 »

man bob, you have all the good ones. great set there. i see them around but, cant afford them yet. maybe later. thanks denny

Return to “Boker Knife Collector's Forum”