boker history question

Boker specific research and history discussions, Questions & answers, Picture sharing
bronco2

boker history question

Post by bronco2 »

hello, where can i find some info on the united boker era. i like some of the united ones. like the christmas tree's pattern and the candy strip ones. thanks denny
rangerbluedog

Re: boker history question

Post by rangerbluedog »

Hey Bronco,
Here is a link to a thread where we were searching for information on that subject.
http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/kni ... ited+boker

I have since learned from another collector that United Boker was started in 1984, after Boker USA stopped making knives in 1983. The founders of United Boker were John Parker, brother of the late James Parker, and Kevin Pipes of Smoky Mountain Knife Works.

I've heard that some of the early knives were made in Seki Japan, and the later knives were made in Solingen Germany, by Boker.

According to TJT, who is an AAPK member and currently works for Boker USA, United Boker was a totally separate company from Boker.

It appears to me that the United Boker knives were the same patterns as Boker Solingen knives, but used a different pattern number. United Boker ceased to exist circa 1991.

Here is a quote from a fellow knife collector who sent me this info.
"The United Boker knives were made in Solingen Germany.
One of the original owners of United Cutlery was John Parker, Jim Parkers brother (Parker Cutlery).
...many of the early United kinves were made in Seki. The information was obtained from the Standard Knife Collectors Guide second edition and the Official Price Guide Collectors Knives tenth edition."
-Blue
Click the link below to order your copy of the Boker book!
https://TheBokerBook.com
bronco2

Re: boker history question

Post by bronco2 »

thanks blue. this helps a lot. i still like the united boker knifes. thanks denny

Return to “Boker Knife Collector's Forum”