Need Help on Boker 2626 Blue Marble

Boker specific research and history discussions, Questions & answers, Picture sharing
69gto

Need Help on Boker 2626 Blue Marble

Post by 69gto »

Greetings,

Wondering if anyone could help out on this Tree Brand copperhead I purchased on ebay. It came in gray "tree brand classic" box with white sticker 2026 blue marble and included paperwork (registration card Boker USA, pamphlet...Presenting Your Boker). It's in mint condition. The steel certainly appears to be high-carbon alloy; shield is marked Solingen; clip blade is etched Tree Brand Made in Germany. Mainly, I'm curious because there is no tang stamp on either of the blades?

Thanks so much for anything you can tell me.

SZ
Attachments
IMG00254-20100514-0920[1].jpg
IMG00259-20100514-0923[1].jpg
IMG00260-20100514-0924[1].jpg
IMG00257-20100514-0922[1].jpg
gino

Re: Need Help on Boker 2626 Blue Marble

Post by gino »

I went and looked at all the Bokers I own (and I have a bunch) and each knife has a blade marked Soligen Germany - most with model numbers.
I myself have never seen a Boker without tang markings. But I am not a expert on Bokers.
Hope this helps. Nice looking knife though. I wouldnt mind owning it.
Gino
-( life is too short to carry a cheap knife )-
rangerbluedog

Post by rangerbluedog »

looks like you got a factory error. Everything else looks right.
-Blue
Click the link below to order your copy of the Boker book!
https://TheBokerBook.com
69gto

Post by 69gto »

that's my thought, too. guess it's not a problem if I plan on keeping it? wonder if the lack of tang stamp or factory error would make it rare or more collectible?
rangerbluedog

Post by rangerbluedog »

That's difficult to say. It definitely makes the knife rare, but also makes it suspect. Does that make sense? I'm getting sleepy.
First Boker knife I've ever seen without the tang stamp - and I've seen a LOT of them in the past 8 months or so.
-Blue
Click the link below to order your copy of the Boker book!
https://TheBokerBook.com
trail

Post by trail »

I have one with no tang stamps. It has the 140 year shield - in German - and a blade etch that says Tree Brand with a tree, no Made in Germany. The seller represented it as an Arbolito. When I emailed him about the lack of tang stamp, he did not reply. I checked with the people at World Knives and they said it quite possibly could be an Arbolito, but there is nothing similar in their catalog. Just speculating, perhaps they are not as strict about labeling in Argentina, this knife was made for domestic sale but this one slipped out. Or it could be a Solingen made knife that didn't get stamped.
Attachments
boker_razor_1.jpg
boker_razor_stamp_1.jpg
boker_razor_stamp_2.jpg

Return to “Boker Knife Collector's Forum”