Boker Stockman

Boker specific research and history discussions, Questions & answers, Picture sharing
RandomChance

Boker Stockman

Post by RandomChance »

Since the trappers have their own thread and the congress' have their own thread, why not one for the ubiquitous stockman? I love the stockman pattern in 3-5/8" to 4-1/4" sizes and most of my collection consists of this type of knife. My latest is a Boker finger groove stockman in a washboard jigged red bone - very beautiful bone BTW - and it has quickly become one of my favorites. This is my first Boker (but not my last :wink: ) so I never knew what I was missing. Since I finally found a camera setup that allows me to take decent pictures, although I'm definitely not a photographer as the pictures show, I thought I'd share a few shots of my Boker BK117474FGR stockman. Thanks for looking!
Attachments
shield side view
shield side view
non-shield side view
non-shield side view
looking down on the closed blades
looking down on the closed blades
back view showing the springs
back view showing the springs
closeup of the shield
closeup of the shield
etch on the main blade
etch on the main blade
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. - Galatians 2:20 KJV
smiling-knife

Re: Boker Stockman

Post by smiling-knife »

This one was shown before but seems topical. This large stockman has the J Wiss & Sons (1974) and Solingen shields. :D s-k

Rust Never Sleeps
rangerbluedog

Post by rangerbluedog »

::ds:: The stockman is my favorite pattern. Unfortunately I sold them all except one. I've gotta restock! Luckily I still have pictures.
Attachments
A 7588 I got from Orvet!
A 7588 I got from Orvet!
Same 7588
Same 7588
An older 8588. would you call this an acorn shield or a federal shield?
An older 8588. would you call this an acorn shield or a federal shield?
A 7588 with the enigmatic Henry Boker shield.
A 7588 with the enigmatic Henry Boker shield.
-Blue
Click the link below to order your copy of the Boker book!
https://TheBokerBook.com
rangerbluedog

Post by rangerbluedog »

::dang:: Oops, I left out the BIG BOYS. The 7474 and 9885 are both 4" closed.
I posted the 7474 in another thread a while back. I have four of the 9885s lying around in various staes of disrepair. :oops: They're just so cheap on ebay I can't turn them down. I have two with bone handles and two with the imitation MOP. Maybe I can build one good keeper out of the spare parts...
Attachments
7474BDRS.jpg
7474BDRS.jpg (34.72 KiB) Viewed 4431 times
P1010312.JPG
-Blue
RandomChance

Post by RandomChance »

I like the square bolsters on that one, smiling-knife! It reminds me of my Case 63032 stockman (another pocket favorite, if slightly small for my tastes). The round bolsters are great for ease of in-and-out-of-the-pocket, but them thar' square bolsters shore do match my boots awful perty-like! :-D

Rangerbluedog, IMO, 3-7/8" to 4" is the perfect size for a stockman - its my favorite size to carry in just about any pattern. The smaller ones work fine but feel slightly dinky in my hand and the bigger ones get used around the home-place but don't get a lot of EDC pocket time. I've been comtemplating a 9885 tang stamp stockman over on collectorknives.net but I'm not quite ready to pull the trigger yet - still have a Appaloosa bone congress and another 7474 stockman in transit that I need to get to know first.

I never expected to like Bokers this much... ::tu::
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. - Galatians 2:20 KJV
razor1

Post by razor1 »

Nice group of knives fellas ::tu::
Razor 8)
Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammo! I live in my own little world. But it's OK. They know me here!
justold52

Post by justold52 »

L@@Ks like it is time for some color here.

Yup pers it's a YELLOW one..... 8) :lol:

I to see these Bokers on ebay go with a bragan price.

Priced like the Schrades were but built a shade better. (JMO)

I think some of the new collectors could make a good investment picking up many for a later date. (again JMO)
Attachments
Boker Stockman.JPG
A sign In a Chinese Pet Store: 'Buy one dog, get one flea.'
ddixon

Post by ddixon »

I like the square bolsters, too. A 2005 Tang Stamp Series stockman in red bone.
Attachments
Boker stockman TSR.jpg
RandomChance

Post by RandomChance »

Got my latest Boker 7474 stockman today! Beautiful red bone with that "feather" jigging that Boker does - grippy but not grabby. After my congress experience I wasn't sure what to expect from this one, but Boker didn't let me down. This one is very nice, just like its brother above, just a tiny bit less snap but very smooth and almost perfect. It even came with the sheepsfoot low next to the clip blade, just how I like it, so I didn't even have to lower like I normally do with stockmans. Blades are nice and centered - the whole thing is very well executed and fitted. I'm very pleased with this one!
Attachments
Open_shield.JPG
closed_shield.JPG
closed_non_shield.JPG
top.JPG
gino

Post by gino »

here is some I just got
1st is a 90's brown bone stockman
2nd is a brown chesnut bone also from the 90's
they both are as pretty as they get!
Attachments
!BoIJHggBWk~$(KGrHqUH-EUEtt50vHjjBLmTRt6!8g~~_35[1].jpg
!BoIJHggBWk~$(KGrHqUH-EUEtt50vHjjBLmTRt6!8g~~_35[1].jpg (7.58 KiB) Viewed 4348 times
!BqJ0kvQ!Wk~$(KGrHqIOKiQEu3LsPc+GBLuiI2!nLw~~_35[1].jpg
!BqJ0kvQ!Wk~$(KGrHqIOKiQEu3LsPc+GBLuiI2!nLw~~_35[1].jpg (7.94 KiB) Viewed 4317 times
-( life is too short to carry a cheap knife )-
rangerbluedog

Post by rangerbluedog »

she is a beaut gino. ::tu:: I've been looking for one of those ever since I saw yours!
-Blue
gino

Post by gino »

I just got it in the mail today and its nicer than I thought it would be.
It really is a looker
I am very happy with it !
-( life is too short to carry a cheap knife )-
deputy47

Post by deputy47 »

Help with age would be great. I thought it was delrin but now I believe its bone. Did a heat test on it.
20161006_084055.jpg

Return to “Boker Knife Collector's Forum”