GEC-#65 Ben Hogan-Recovery

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
Schradenut
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

GEC-#65 Ben Hogan-Recovery

Post by Schradenut »

The #65 is a design it have been collecting for some time, and have been fortunate enough to have 11 in my stable now. I will show them all when the last one i brought surfaces(Kryptonite).
In the meantime i will show you one i had re-handled. The story is that i won it in a raffle on a knife site, and when it arrived one of the covers had a bad crack. It was a beautiful blue Camel bone and i was devoed when i saw the crack. All was not lost and i sent it to Herman Williams to weave his magic on it. I was blown away with the outstanding job he did on it. As far as i know GEC didn't make one in Rams Horn, so this one is quite unique.
Have a squiz and tell me what you think.
Tony.
Attachments
GEC-65-Ben Hogan-Rams Horn-1.JPG
GEC-65-Ben Hogan-Rams Horn-2.JPG
GEC-65-Ben Hogan-Rams Horn-3.JPG
GEC-65-Ben Hogan-Rams Horn-4.JPG
GEC-65-Ben Hogan-Rams Horn-5.JPG
GEC-65-Ben Hogan-Rams Horn-6.JPG
Quick Steel
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: GEC-#65 Ben Hogan-Recovery

Post by Quick Steel »

Schradenut: What a beauty! Amazing. Can't wait to see your full collection. ::groove::
biglmbass

Post by biglmbass »

NIce one ::tu::
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

Thought about buying a Ben Hogan but was never quite sure. After seeing that one I may have to. That one's top notch!! ::nod::

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
Schradenut
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Schradenut »

Many thanks for the kind words gents. GEC made a stack of #65 Ben Hogan's, but with all those classic handle materials available, they didn't select Rams Horn. A pity really seeing it looks so good. I have a Kryptonite and a Shark Attack done in acrylic, coming in a couple of days. Those colours will brighten up any collection.
Tony.
dweb1897

Post by dweb1897 »

Did you say you have 11 of them? Are you sure you are using the right handle...Schradenut? The Ram's Horn looks outstanding..it must have been hard for whoever mailed that to you to turn loose of it> :D ::tu::
I have a hard time trusting someone who doesn't like dogs...but if my dog doesn't like someone, I'll trust that.
Acorn, a better friend than I deserved, gone but never forgotten...run fast and free 11-5-2018 I'll see you soon
Schradenut
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Schradenut »

I am sure there must have been a hesitation there young Doug.
Tony.
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

Tony, I like yer name and I like yer knife. ::tu:: :mrgreen:

I'd be devastated too if I had a cracked GEC blue camel bone knife. The 25 in smooth blue camel bone looks amazing and while I'm not the biggest fan of the 65 frame I think it could look right on that knife. The ram's horn turned out outstanding though so all told I think you made the best of a bad situation. That ramhorn could surely change my mind on the pattern.
Tony
ImageImageImageImage
Everything's better with a Barlow

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”