My First GEC

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
kootenay joe

My First GEC

Post by kootenay joe »

It was late 2006 i think and GEC was doing it's first 2 runs, a #23 & a #73. This knife serial # 088, is from the first run of the #73 pattern. While i waited for this to arrive posts began to show up from those who had just received their #23 or #73, with complaints of serious defects. For the first month or so, things were not looking good for GEC.
So when this beautiful knife arrived with just a pin crack, i was thrilled. It is still the GEC to which i am most attached.
I am showing it with a 2007 Queen made Moore Maker, 4 1/2" which is basically the same pattern as the GEC #23 (Remington #23).
Both of these patterns have flush & square joints. Not as strong as the regular joint but makes for an even more attractive knife i think.
kj
Attachments
Picture 015.jpg
Picture 016.jpg
Picture 011.jpg
Picture 009.jpg
Picture 006.jpg
Picture 004.jpg
Picture 014.jpg
Picture 012.jpg
El Gato

Re: My First GEC

Post by El Gato »

That's a nice old #73 Joe. Love the Stag on that one. ::tu::
TSA Knives recently posted several of the early GEC models, all new and interesting. Nice to see some of those "old friends" again.
FarSide
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by FarSide »

Very nice. Congrats on the find.
-Tim
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Thanks Alfred. I did not exactly "find" the 2006 GEC #73. GEC sent it to me right after it cooled down from coming off the finishing line. I did not get to pick it and back then there were no pictures to look at. You just had to send a letter with a cheque to Mr. GEC saying "Please send me a knife when it is done. i would like a Small Trapper with some nice Stag(pin cracks are o.k.)". Then a few weeks later i received this knife in the mail. :wink:
kj
philllll

Post by philllll »

The flush square joints on this pattern are just so classy ::nod::

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”