What Pattern do you hope to see in 2016?

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
ozzie marie

Re: What Pattern do you hope to see in 2016?

Post by ozzie marie »

My vote would be for the 152114EC ::tu:: but when I talked to them at the Blade Show they said "not going to happen" :(

Keith
Boys Knife.JPG
Loyalty and Respect are not purchased and owned for a lifetime, they are earned everyday.

Please visit my store at:
http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ozziemarie
WhiteSliceKevin

Post by WhiteSliceKevin »

I would like to see what amounts to a #14 Boy's Knife but increased from 3" to 3 5/8"+ but no larger than 4" (closed) with the same spear type blade. I'd like Gabon Ebony to be an option. That's my dream knife. Maybe there's already a pattern for what I have described.
Tsar Bomba

Post by Tsar Bomba »

Kevin, I think maybe the #77 swell-end pattern would be what you're looking for. I think there has been Gabon ebony in earlier runs, I just don't know if any of them had spears (I don't often pay attention to the "boy's knives" style jacks -- not enough bolster! 8)). Since there was already a #77 run last month, it's entirely possible an SFO might drop that fits your dream knife, so I'd definitely keep an eye on GEC's blog and the various official retailers who notify on upcoming runs. Speaking of which...

Got the text today that one of Charlie C's SFO TC Barlows (the #15) was available for reservation in chestnut jigged bone. Thankfully I was at my desk and was able to secure one of the reservations, because after about 10 minutes or so I refreshed the page and they were already on standby (but not yet locked). I haven't checked since, but there's an outside chance they're still on standby at CK, and of course you might want to check with your favored GEC retailer if they offer early reserves...

With the #77 Barlow SFO from September and now this (plus the upcoming Beer Scout run for which I've also got a reservation) my GEC cup overfloweth! ::ds::

Anybody manage to stake a claim on the latest run today?
ImageImageImageImage
Everything's better with a Barlow
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

WhiteSliceKevin wrote:I would like to see what amounts to a #14 Boy's Knife but increased from 3" to 3 5/8"+ but no larger than 4" (closed) with the same spear type blade. I'd like Gabon Ebony to be an option. That's my dream knife. Maybe there's already a pattern for what I have described.
Welcome to AAPK. Glad to have you aboard.

The one they made in '12 is 3½" closed. Is that too short for you?
Attachments
152212-ebony-wood.jpg
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”