New #98 Pattern

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
leggo

Re: New #98 Pattern

Post by leggo »

RalphAlsip wrote:Very nice! Where are you ordering them from ? I can't seem to find a seller.
Ralph I got the smooth bone directly from GEC and I have Cranberry Campagna coming from knivesshipfree.com. Did you check the GEC distributor page ? On the homepage at Great Eastern Cutlery ?
RalphAlsip

Post by RalphAlsip »

Lego thanks for responding. I've checked several distributor websites and most of them don't show the 98 as a pattern. KSF, does show 98, but doesn't show any inventory and doesn't show sold out. My speculation is the official release has not yet occurred and maybe pre-orders have shipped. ::shrug::

I will continue to monitor the usual stores. I'm more interested in the cattle knife.
wlf

Post by wlf »

Very nice John and Leggo.I think I have one,but it'll be after the Oregon Show.I also am looking for the whittler,wish Bill had made some of them in smooth ivory or white bone.
I buy roosters combs and farmers..........................................................jack knives [/b]

GEC SFOs and others at LICK CREEK CUTLERY- www.allaboutpocketknives.com/wlf

May the Father and Son bless
Lyle
johnny twoshoes

Post by johnny twoshoes »

I'm very happy to report that I've received a #98 in smooth white bone from Bob Andrews over at oldhundredcollectables.com. The knife is perfect in fit and finish! I'm shocked at how little room for error there is between each blade and yet it doesn't rub at all. The backspring are quite large on this pattern, but the tension when opening the blades is rather easy! I'm a giant fan of a big clip blade, so this one suits me quite well, although I'm used to camp knives having a big 'ol spear, I have to wonder if we will see a #98 sporting a spear blade at some time?

After the knife has spent some time in my pocket I hope to have an educated review to share!
image.jpeg
leggo

Post by leggo »

Johnny that would be great to read a review of the 98 ! I'm looking forward to it , as a matter of fact I think it would be interesting to read a review on ANY type of GEC knife . 8)
wlf

Post by wlf »

He can give a great review Leggo on many GEC patterns he's owned personally. ::tu:: ::tu::
I buy roosters combs and farmers..........................................................jack knives [/b]

GEC SFOs and others at LICK CREEK CUTLERY- www.allaboutpocketknives.com/wlf

May the Father and Son bless
Lyle
leggo

Post by leggo »

wlf wrote:He can give a great review Leggo on many GEC patterns he's owned personally. ::tu:: ::tu::
Yea I'll bet he can because he actually uses them . I've never used any of mine inc!uding the Cranberry SFO 98 I just opened a minute ago. It's just too d*mned pretty to scratch up. I'm gonna have to see if I can get a wood handled one and "actually" use it now . :roll:
I'll see if I can do it , somehow I can scratch up a Case or Buck ,etc. and it doesn't bother me ..but these GEC's are like a work of art to me.

Update -- I ordered the Kingwood 98 today ...when it gets here I am going to try my hardest to see if I can beat my fear of using it ::paranoid::
Gunstock Jack

Post by Gunstock Jack »

I kept this one to carry. It's deceptively thin for a larger triple blade, and rides upright in my front right pocket no prob. ::tu::
IMG_2402.JPG
I love the big, deep bellied clip blade, and the spear and sheepfoot complete the set. Pull is stout, but not too stout, with the main being about a 6-7 and the secondary blades coming in a bit stouter (seemingly).

Unfortunately, GEC made very few of these and those that I received were bought up very quickly. ::shrug:: ::tear:: ::disgust::

Hope you got one! ::super_happy::
Barry

Great Eastern Cutlery distributor: http://www.gunstockjacksknives.com
Contact me: info@gunstockjacksknives.com

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”