Second hand Stag.

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
johnny twoshoes

Second hand Stag.

Post by johnny twoshoes »

A cold winter wind blows harshly across the face of a young man as leans against an old oak hoping to cut the wind's wintery bite. A thick wool jacket doing the best it can to hold his own warmth in, a rifle strap slung around it. The young man pauses in hopes to let the howling winds pass him by. Reaching into his pocket he finds an aged treasure to keep his attention. His fingers glide down the ridged stag on his pocket knife, tracing the natural bumps and hollows that only stag can offer. The knife has a heat to it as the man's hands escape the winter air. By now the knife has lost it's dark burnt look, it's mellowing with experience as has the young man. Yellowish golden hues now adorn the old knife, it's a softer more comfortable appearance then when it was first throw into the man's pocket.

As his hands study the stag he remembers back to years just like this, years when the snow fell heavy and made for tough hunting, he remembers in part because that old worry stone was there with him. The winds begin to die down as the young man slowly opens his eyes, giant snow flakes are gently falling as the slight movement of a whitetail buck catches the hunter's attention.....

Here is my newest addition, a knife not old enough to hold those kind of memories, but someday might. It was well loved and used before it found it's way to my home, but it's just starting to get good.
IMG_3142.jpg
It's got a nice patina going already.
IMG_3143.jpg
It's not a fat stag at all, but it fits the hand very nicely.
IMG_3150.jpg
IMG_3153.jpg
SteelMyHeart85420

Re: Second hand Stag.

Post by SteelMyHeart85420 »

Very nice, oh, yeah
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Very nice. That's a knife with character and class. ::tu::
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
johnny twoshoes

Thanks guys!
I'm getting to the point where I want my knives to age with me, but I'm conflicted becuase I continue to add new ones to the mix, never giving them enough time to actually age. I've given up all hope of being an actual collector.

It's good to see you Phil!
Jspurlock93

Post by Jspurlock93 »

Nice read!

I know what you mean twoshoes; want to keep carrying the same one because it's been through a lot with you, but also wanting to slip a really nice new one into the pocket..
“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”-Ben Franklin
johnny twoshoes

J, you nailed it.
My #73L in pumpkin bone has ridden the most miles and logged the most hours of usage, yet it's spent the last eight months sitting in a drawer. Too many knives, not enough time or pockets. ::dang::

Here is the new guy with my fave.
IMG_3158.jpg
IMG_3161.jpg
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Looks good Caleb!!! ::tu:: John :D
Not all who wander are lost!!

Of all the paths you take in life,
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!!

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”