GEC blade discoloration (tarnish)

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
johhat

GEC blade discoloration (tarnish)

Post by johhat »

I'm selling most of my collection of GEC pocket knives on Ebay and have a question. I sold several of my best Northfield knives and now I'm going to list some of the #73/72s. However, even though they have been stored away in a zippered binder I'm discovering that some have already begun to tarnished. I know that this is common with carbon steel blades. I don't have a problem with this, in fact my favorite carry knives have developed a very nice patina that I really like. But...I'm listing these on ebay and I'm afraid that the tarnished blades will have an adverse effect on the selling price. Is there any way to remove this tarnish from the blades or should I just not worry about it?

Thanks,

John Hatley
gino

Re: GEC blade discoloration (tarnish)

Post by gino »

Do you have any pictures? If its not too bad Cape Cod cloths will do the job but they take some effort. Yeah it also will effect the price unfortunately.
-( life is too short to carry a cheap knife )-
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

With minor tarnish FLITZ METAL POLISH and the FLITZ Cloth usually do a fine job! ::tu::
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
Classic Case

Post by Classic Case »

Be aware that flitz will most likely remove blade etchings as well, or at least lighten them up considerably.
Chris - I'd give my right arm to be ambidexterous.
Onearmbladejunkie

Post by Onearmbladejunkie »

I love to play with , clean/oil , talk to , kiss , and EDC my knives. Patina is beautiful ! "FLITZ" is the best metal polish made. I have been using FLITZ SINCE 1983. LUCAS EXTREME SYNTHETIC GUN OIL is the best smelling lube on the market. I need another two bottles soon for my guns and knives.
43566789900022.jpg
43566789900022.jpg (2.78 KiB) Viewed 1133 times

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”