Production Rotation?

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
MadTrapper

Production Rotation?

Post by MadTrapper »

So just curious on how often the various models rotate through production? For example, the #57 Geppetto Whittler, when might one expect that model to be made again? When/if it is, do we know if it will be available with the same handle materials as it was in the initial run? Thanks. MadTrapper
"A knife is as personal and necessary a thing as a man ever owns." Bob Loveless
IMBand

Re: Production Rotation?

Post by IMBand »

There is really no way of knowing. I think they run a combination of SFO's, new patterns, and patterns that sell well. Who knows when or if we will ever see the Lady Leg or the Canoe again....they just did not sell very well. Best way to tell imho is to watch what sells quickly when released and what is hard to find for sale from the dealers, such as the #66 Jack which was pretty well sold out and now we are seeing another run. Patterns like the #72 are popular and so is the #42. Seems like we are overdue for #23's, but maybe more of the #23 Bull-Locks need to move first? I think letting GEC know what knives you are wanting to see again can't hurt.....enough folks ask and we are bound to see it again. As far as your question about the #57, I am just not sure on that as it seems there are still quite a few out there at the dealers. Bill and the crew at GEC do a fantastic job of bringing us new knives and while not every one sells out immediately.....it's exciting to see what they are doing. Sure hope we see a Camp/Scout knife from them and a Clasp would be stellar!!
To see what handles are going to be available keep your eye on the production schedule and GEC does post upcoming pattern designs on their homepage a few months in advance. (FYI...the GEC Production Schedule that Mike L. posts on Collectorknives.net is often updated sooner than the one on GEC's Homepage).

IM
:)
AAPK #6581
Classic Case

Post by Classic Case »

I haven't seen any pattern in their releases. I would say that the best sellers may get a few more runs, but that is just conjecture. The next release could or more likely could not have the same handles,.other than stag which they seem to make a few of.
Chris - I'd give my right arm to be ambidexterous.
MadTrapper

Post by MadTrapper »

Thanks for the information. Kind of what I thought but since I wasn't sure I thought I'd ask and see what I could learn. Thank you for your replies. MadTrapper
"A knife is as personal and necessary a thing as a man ever owns." Bob Loveless

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”