gift for my husband

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
miss8ball

gift for my husband

Post by miss8ball »

hello everybody im bigdaddys8ball wife while i was out this morning i picked this knife up for a surprize for him i have a couple questions about it i hope somebody can help me with on the tang it says 2007 is that when it was made and also on the bolster it has 064 can anybody explane what that stands for the front blade has tidioute cutlery over trade mark on the other blade it has pattern production finale does that mean there will be no more made of this knife and last question is the knife worth the 45 dollars that i paid for it i sure hope i did good cause im new to this knife collecting thanks everybody here is a couple pics of the knife let me know what you think
Attachments
001.JPG
003.JPG
004.JPG
Ramrod

Re: gift for my husband

Post by Ramrod »

Howdy miss8ball,
Nice knife.
Worth twice what you paid! ::tu::
Mark
miss8ball

Post by miss8ball »

thank you mark i was worried that i paid to much sence i dont know much about knives so i thought that i would ask here sence my husband talks alot about all the smart people here on this site
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

No need for concern, you stole it. You could buy knives for me any day. And yes, the 2007 is when it was made.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
big monk

Post by big monk »

Hello miss8ball***____the knife is indeed a 2007 year of production_it's a #73 Pattern Trapper Scout,Charcoal Jigged Buffalo Bone scales_3 3/4 in.__ 1095 carbon steel blades___the number 064 is the serial number of your knife to production totals,hence #064 of 98 pcs. made with that Charcoal handles ???____ "pattern production finale",was to signify,the last run, of that pattern knife with that handle material, GEC was running__they have not made anymore of that particular knife since 2007___when the company first started, they would run so many knives of a pattern,with different handle materials / colors then change to another pattern,but didn't start the serial numbers over,---rather kept counting totals (I'm confused too !!!! :) ) ____and I agree,with Mark about the price ::tu:: the 2007 knife below,is for sale @ $75 at a dealer, right now!!!! ** great buy and nice knife !!!__________Monk ::tu::
Attachments
2007 Buffalo Bone.jpg
2007 Buffalo Bone.jpg (43.54 KiB) Viewed 1767 times
I'm not young enough,____to know everything !!!!!!!!!!!!

MONK****
bigdaddys8ball

Post by bigdaddys8ball »

jerry thank you

monk thank you for that great info so there was only 98 pcs made with that charcoal handels and 2007 was the year it was made when did great eastern start making knives and im glad i didnt pay to much for it i first thought that i was over paying im glad that i got on here and asked some questions thanks again everybody for all the info
miss8ball

Post by miss8ball »

sorry about that when i loged in i hit my husbands name and didnt pay any attion till i posted my husband is in indiana now and will be home this weekend so ill have to give it to him before he gits on here and see this post thanks again everybody i understand why my husband likes this site cause everybody is so helpfull
johnny twoshoes

Post by johnny twoshoes »

Fantastic choice, awesome knife, great price.

Your husbands a great guy and he's gonna love this knife. I can't wait to see him post about it. ::tu::
miss8ball

Post by miss8ball »

o ya you can bet he will post it he should be back saturday evening and im sure he will show it off and tell the story of me getting it for him i just want to say thanks again for all the info everybody gave me
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by TripleF »

Knice score ::tu::

Very well done!
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
On Edge

Post by On Edge »

Miss8Ball,

Great choice.
Great price.
Great gift.

Wow.

~ Edge
"Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves."

~ Albert Einstein
miss8ball

Post by miss8ball »

thanks guys i was real worried that i paid to much but sence i asked i see that i actually got a good price thanks for all the compliments and im sure you will see it again when my husband gets home and i give it to him but ill have to give it to him befor he gets on here and sees my post but thanks again everybody

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”