All About Pocket Knives

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:53 am 

"My personal opinion, take it with a pound of salt, is that if the OP spent a fraction of the time communicating with GEC directly as he did with us on this forum, he would be much happier today." what did i say i did in the first and other posts ??? i plainly said i asked for a replacement when i first comunicated with them. they would not do it, then today when i tried to talk more with them again about the problem, i found out they had already shipped it back to me.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:13 am 

Sounds like there was just a ""big mis-communication"" all the way around ???? that will eventually get "'FIXED"" !!!___ Anyway,I sure hope so **** GEC is a 100% Stand UP Company, that I have had many dealings with__and had dealings with most all, of their dealers____ in the real world,all does not go smooth,all the time___but it sounds like,Christine,has stepped up to the plate again,to get this ""problem"" solved ::tu:: ::tu:: cbnutt, When this is all over with ,I hope you are happy with the outcome and will let us all know,how it worked out ??? _______ I really do believe,that GEC,will remain,the best USA,knifemaker,in business,no matter what ( or who leaves) ::hmm:: as long as ""Christine Tucker"",is the ,customer service representative ::nod::

And no____I don't work for GEC****____ don't like every knife they have made___and have been ticked off,at some answers,Christine gave me !!!! ::ds::

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:28 am 

The OP and I have just exchanged a couple of PM's. I should add a Post-Script to my last post: Gotta Love GEC Fan!

- David

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:42 am 

Thanks Big Monk ::tu:: iam sure it will too, its just been a bad day all the way around i guess for me, and i totaly agree, there making the best knife out there today, just trying to get it fixed to my satisfaction, i probaly shoudnt have even started this thread i supose. i hope at least you can read this, as i was informed i type and comunicate with 4 th grade skills in a recent PM with someone. ::dang::

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:47 am 

cbnutt wrote:
Thanks Big Monk ::tu:: iam sure it will too, its just been a bad day all the way around i guess for me, and i totaly agree, there making the best knife out there today, just trying to get it fixed to my satisfaction, i probaly shoudnt have even started this thread i supose. i hope at least you can read this, as i was informed i type and comunicate with 4 th grade skills in a recent PM with someone. ::dang::

Hey CB____we GEC ""Junkies"" gotta stick together !!!!!!_ I'm pullin' for ya' to get that knife problem,solved to your "'LIKING"" and I think it will be,soon !!! ::nod:: This is not the first post of a GEC knife problem and surely,won't be the last !!!!____but I have yet to see any problem,that didn't get ""FIXED"" sooner or later ::nod:: ,______ The computer problem,is a whole nuther' problem ::dang:: ___( and I don't see,where we need some smart aZZZZ,with ""SIX POST"" to bash,other members on this site ??? )___ I'm about as bad,with this computer stuff,my self ::shrug:: ___the young,kids invented "'TEXT Message"" cause they are,to darn lazy,to type all the letters ::dang:: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ____have agreat day,my friend !!!!!,Monk ::ds::

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:32 am 

I have not dealt directly with GEC for any knife purchases in the past or regarding any warranty or repairs issues, but it strikes me as really odd that a manufacturer would say they could not replace a defective knife because it was purchased through a distributor??? ::uc::

I have dealt with many different cutlery companies for years when I managed a retail cutlery store and I have never heard of such a policy, especially on a knife that has not been used. If the blade is hitting the backspring, that is a manufacturing error, not something the distributor did or even the customer.

Is it really the GEC policy that they cannot warranty a knife purchased though a distributor, or did you just talk to someone at GEC who didn’t know what they were talking about? ::shrug::

orvet@comcast.net
Please visit my AAPK store: http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/kni ... e37-y.html

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:45 am 

cbnutt do'nt worry about you computer excellance. i touched a computer for the 1st time at 70 years of age & a cro magnon could certainly spell & communicate better than myself--anyone with a modicum of intelligence & courtesy should be able to extrapolate what most of we dummies are saying. computer efficacy is'nt a true index of one's character or native intelligence. -HiPower

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:41 pm 

HiPower wrote:
. computer efficacy is'nt a true index of one's character or native intelligence. -HiPower

I agree 100%! Who cares, this isn't a classroom with points off for spelling and grammar.

My traditional Nordic knife blog: http://nordiskaknivar.wordpress.com/

Mike

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:18 pm 

X3 ::tu::

orvet@comcast.net
Please visit my AAPK store: http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/kni ... e37-y.html

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:14 pm 

well things look better today, talked to Chris eailer, and there going to send me a autumn gold white owl, i mailed out the scout this eve back to them,since they didnt have many scouts on hand, i opted to try the white owl, as it was on my list of ones i was wanting anyway, ill probably be tempted to carry this one, as its small, anyone have one in autumn gold ? they look great in the pics.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:22 pm 

orvet wrote:
X3 ::tu::

X4 :mrgreen:

great news cbnutt ::tu::

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:44 pm 

quote="cbnutt"]well things look better today, talked to Chris eailer, and there going to send me a autumn gold white owl, i mailed out the scout this eve back to them,since they didnt have many scouts on hand, i opted to try the white owl, as it was on my list of ones i was wanting anyway, ill probably be tempted to carry this one, as its small, anyone have one in autumn gold ? they look great in the pics.[/quote]

Great News,CB !!!!!!!_____ hope you like that ""white owl"" ::tu::

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:04 am 

This post got me thinking about an #85 I got recently with plans to EDC.
When I opened the knife there was a nick in the blade, I thought maybe the distributor
or factory dropped it or that a postal inspector was somehow responsible. I did not
worry too much as my plans were to EDC and would wait until I sharpen past it, no biggie.
Well, I was thinking about this post and realized that maybe my knife was striking the
pivot pin too. Sure enough...the mar in the blade lines up EXACTLY with the center pin!!!
This #85 has moderate snap but has not cracked the Stag yet so thats good.
Here is the best pic I can get.........so you are not alone cbnutt. ::tear::

IM
:)

Attachments:
104_0513-30.JPG
104_0513-30.JPG [ 164.25 KiB | Viewed 228 times ]

AAPK #6581

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:42 am 

good to know Imband, probly something they need to look into a bit, iam guessing just a bit shaved off the spring at the center rivot area would cure it when they make it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:13 pm 

DORNBLASER--PM SENT!