LOCK BLADE LOCK-UP; is tighter better?

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
biglmbass

Re: LOCK BLADE LOCK-UP; is tighter better?

Post by biglmbass »

biglmbass wrote:
So; does the tightness of your locked up blade really matter?
I think it would bother me if it wasn't tight. I'd rather a chipped handle, high pin, crooked shield or similar other issue than a loose lock-up. I've only one 72 in my collection and I may have gotten very lucky with it as I could not detect any play at all. Now you've got me thinking I need to check it again... :shock: ::facepalm:
Update:
Received a 2nd 72 in red wine and easily noticed some vertical blade play which prompted me to check my other 72. Yep, both have it though only slight. Back they go... ::td::

I'm going to try a 73 next.
Gunstock Jack

Re: LOCK BLADE LOCK-UP; is tighter better?

Post by Gunstock Jack »

Well, after reading everyone's opinion in this forum and emailing Chris at GEC, I was finally convinced; I sent two 72's back today for the tighten-up. ::shrug::

So then I'm trying out my new diamond hones for my ol' Lansky on my EDC 735108ECL and I decide to check the play on it's blade, as I've been carrying it for a couple years and it been a super knife. Guess what! Damn thing has play both ways too! I never noticed it before and it has never been an issue. So there goes my theory on the merits of the two designs! ::facepalm::

But, hey! The new diamond hones work great!!! :lol:
Barry

Great Eastern Cutlery distributor: http://www.gunstockjacksknives.com
Contact me: info@gunstockjacksknives.com

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”