Mail Call, Post Your New GECs.

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
singin46

Re: Mail Call, Post Your New GECs.

Post by singin46 »

Gotcha, Paul! Lol, tortoise shell is nice! ::ds::
Love all Jacks
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

On Edge wrote:Beautiful bone on that little 83, Ivoryman ... !

Quick question, how do you like that pattern in-hand?

I just ordered a Tortoise Shell* Acrylic one, and I'm hopin it warrants some pocket time ...

*Attention, Perry ... :)

~ Edge
Compared to something like the #72 this is way better carry size. Seems thinner, definitely much shorter and lighter. Still a pretty decent sized blade. Have not cut with it yet, but sure love the size in the pocket and hand. 3 3/8 long closed is almost perfect for me, and I love that not much blade is exposed when it's closed. I don't have big hands, medium, and this is the size of knife for my hand, full four fingers, plenty of room, handle shape fits the fingers and palm and doesn't feel like it will twist or slip. Basically to me it's a smaller #72, which is a smaller #42. 42 is a bit big for the pocket, 72 is doable, 83 is perfect size. IMHO.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
On Edge

Post by On Edge »

Ivoryman wrote:

I just ordered a Tortoise Shell* Acrylic one, and I'm hopin it warrants some pocket time ...

~ Edge
Compared to something like the #72 this is way better carry size. Seems thinner, definitely much shorter and lighter. Still a pretty decent sized blade. Have not cut with it yet, but sure love the size in the pocket and hand. 3 3/8 long closed is almost perfect for me, and I love that not much blade is exposed when it's closed. I don't have big hands, medium, and this is the size of knife for my hand, full four fingers, plenty of room, handle shape fits the fingers and palm and doesn't feel like it will twist or slip. Basically to me it's a smaller #72, which is a smaller #42. 42 is a bit big for the pocket, 72 is doable, 83 is perfect size. IMHO.
Excellent! My hands are probably what you'd call big, but not "meat hook" big ... I lean towards about that size for "in pocket" knives myself so really looking forward to this one ...
Thanks for the great description!

- Edge
"Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves."

~ Albert Einstein
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

On Edge wrote:
Ivoryman wrote:

~ Edge
Excellent! My hands are probably what you'd call big, but not "meat hook" big ... I lean towards about that size for "in pocket" knives myself so really looking forward to this one ...
Thanks for the great description!

- Edge
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

No sweat Edge, hope it helps. And love that picture of the kid putting the knife in the outlet. Classic.
On Edge

Post by On Edge »

Ivoryman wrote:No sweat Edge, hope it helps. And love that picture of the kid putting the knife in the outlet. Classic.
Thanks! It actually has special meaning to me - my brother actually did that when he was a kid ... only once.

::nod::
"Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves."

~ Albert Einstein
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

On Edge wrote:
Ivoryman wrote:No sweat Edge, hope it helps. And love that picture of the kid putting the knife in the outlet. Classic.
Thanks! It actually has special meaning to me - my brother actually did that when he was a kid ... only once.

Shoot, I thought stupid me and my brother were a couple of rare dunces in this country who didn't know any better, or wanted to see anyway, weren't smart enough to avoid such things. Guess more did that than I thought. Lightning came out of the outlet that day too, blackened the blade and the plastic outlet cover, had to reset the breaker and stuff, and got most of the black off the plastic, but some was melted and if you looked close you could see it. We were worried about getting busted for that big time. Only once.
On Edge

Post by On Edge »

Ivoryman wrote:
On Edge wrote:

Shoot, I thought stupid me and my brother were a couple of rare dunces in this country who didn't know any better, or wanted to see anyway, weren't smart enough to avoid such things. Guess more did that than I thought. Lightning came out of the outlet that day too, blackened the blade and the plastic outlet cover, had to reset the breaker and stuff, and got most of the black off the plastic, but some was melted and if you looked close you could see it. We were worried about getting busted for that big time. Only once.
:D … I can SO relate … my brother Buddy was the kid who had to see how everything worked … I was too but not so driven as he was … when he was around 12 he took apart my Dad's reel-to-reel tape recorder, and when I say "took apart", I mean 'parade rest' apart … every assembly broken down, not a screw left in place. It was a beautiful pile of technology I tell ya … what a sight … :shock:
… of course putting it back together was another matter entirely, and when Dad got home … well … let's just say my brother didn't forget that one. Now don't get me wrong, my Dad was and is an exceptional parent … he let Buddy take a crack at putting it back together for a day or so, but regardless of the outcome, there were definitely 'consequences' … :|
What great memories … :lol:

~ Albert Einstein
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Some re-runs and the new Tidioute 83.
Attachments
WP_20150815_10_19_48_Pro.jpg
WP_20150815_10_20_24_Pro.jpg
WP_20150815_10_21_36_Pro.jpg
On Edge

Post by On Edge »

Man, that's some beautiful bone, Ivory … ::tu:: ::tu::

Always been partial to the 66 frame … here's an SFO Yellow Rose 66 Jack I picked up a little while back …
GEC_66_YRJack.jpg
:)

~ Edge

~ Albert Einstein
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Couple of my favorite GEC bones. The Amber Viper is my newest GEC re-tipping project. Broke the tip, had to grind a new one, hated to do it, had to do it, still many miles to go with it. Love the knife. Newest mod. Northwoods Willamette Whittler in blue is my newest Northwoods GEC. Love them both. Gonna get more Vipers. 66 is a cool pattern Edge, thanks for the compliments.
Attachments
WP_20150817_10_28_52_Pro.jpg
WP_20150817_10_31_37_Pro.jpg
WP_20150817_10_29_37_Pro.jpg
On Edge

Post by On Edge »

Both great patterns! … I always seem to gravitate to the Wharnies …

Here's a little sunbrite 77 Jack I picked up from a fellow knife knut … there are many just like it, but this one's mine … :wink:
GEC_77_Jack.jpg
~ Edge

~ Albert Einstein
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Tidioute 83 little lock back here. Black Camel bone drop point. Liked it so much had to get another. Great knife.
Attachments
WP_20150831_11_50_47_Pro.jpg
WP_20150831_11_51_35_Pro.jpg
WP_20150831_11_52_26_Pro.jpg
Dickens

Post by Dickens »

Today's mail call.
Attachments
DSC_0499.JPG
DSC_0500.JPG
IMG_0409.JPG
DSC_0501.JPG
DSC_0502.JPG
IMG_0408.JPG
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I.S.R.A. Member
N.R.A. Member
Just Plain Dave
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Just Plain Dave »

With a pen blade out in front that 85 would be the Bees Knees!
Looking for the magic penny!
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Dickens, that's about the coolest Viper I've ever seen. Love 47s. Also that Bullet end 85 with the lanyard hole is fabulous. Never seen one like that with a tube or the Elephant bark. Sweet pair.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

I've posted this in a couple of other threads but completely forgot about this one. It also belongs here (plus it gives me one more opportunity to show it off :lol: :lol: )

Picked up this #56 Weaver's Jack week before last and I'm lovin' it. I drooled over it when they were released at the beginning of May 2011 but couldn't fit it in my budget at the time. Forgot about it until last month when I found one on TSA Knives. Decided that was my birthday present to me so September's knife budget is shot. :lol:
Attachments
GEC #563211 Weaver Jack - Stag (8-5-15) - Open Mark.JPG
GEC #563211 Weaver Jack - Stag (8-5-15) - Open Pile.JPG
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Sweet stag Weaver Jerry. I hear you big time, don't feel bad my knife budget is shot through about December. :mrgreen:
JohnR
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by JohnR »

Picked up this 73 liner lock, really nice stag.
Attachments
IMG_4166.jpg
IMG_4167.jpg
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

That's a fine lookin' piece of hardware there, John.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
big monk

Post by big monk »

YOU"S Guys done GOOOOOODDDDDDDD !!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats ::tu::
I'm not young enough,____to know everything !!!!!!!!!!!!

MONK****
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Sweet antler John, on a sweet frame too. Niiiiiiiice.
big monk

Post by big monk »

just had to have, a couple of these ""#77 Barlows"" !!!! :) ____ ::tu::
Attachments
#77 Barlow Red Bone (2).JPG
#77 Barlow Smooth Autumn Bone (2).JPG

MONK****
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Those are nice. I like the coping secondary. Are you planning to grab one (or some) of the 77 Washington Jacks too?
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

--T.J. Murphy 2012
big monk

Post by big monk »

jerryd6818 wrote:Those are nice. I like the coping secondary. Are you planning to grab one (or some) of the 77 Washington Jacks too?
they are sold out for me** I really like em' -- but not going to ""hunt"" like I use too ::paranoid::

MONK****

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”