Mail Call, Post Your New GECs.

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
Ivoryman

Re: Mail Call, Post Your New GECs.

Post by Ivoryman »

2 great bones 1890.
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Came in yesterday.
Attachments
GEC 180116 Coyote - Olive Drab Green Linen Micarta - Mark Open.JPG
GEC 488213 Improved Trapper Beaver Tail - Jigged Brazilian Cherry #2 of 25 - Mark Open.JPG
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
big monk

Post by big monk »

King Wood Yankee Jack came in today's mail *** :)
Attachments
IMG_0036 (2).JPG
IMG_0033 (2).JPG
I'm not young enough,____to know everything !!!!!!!!!!!!

MONK****
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Monk, that looks really well matched, Mark and Pile. I'm a sucker for a Jack knife and that one looks good enough to put on the list.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

'13 Northfield, 85 Spear LL. Really fits the hand and catches the eye.
Attachments
WP_20160315_15_32_45_Pro.jpg
WP_20160315_15_34_20_Pro.jpg
WP_20160315_15_32_06_Pro.jpg
"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid." -No Name, High Plains Drifter
leggo

Post by leggo »

I opened my 2nd 98 today , a SFO Charlie Campagna , ::ds:: I love it ! I even like the tube it came in ,there's a little story on the back label of it , and it came with a pin.
P.S. That yellow spearpoint is really nice Ivoryman !
Attachments
1460255411587.jpg
1460255545961.jpg
1460255635825.jpg
1460255720527.jpg
1460255849900.jpg
1460255959060.jpg
1460256048800.jpg
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Thanks leggo, it's smooth ivory bone, only looks yellow in direct sunlight. Looks like your Texas Camp bone otherwise. Good looking T Camp knife yourself.
Attachments
WP_20160330_19_29_05_Pro.jpg
WP_20160330_19_30_18_Pro.jpg
leggo

Post by leggo »

Yea Ivoryman that lighting changes everything it looks great yellow or white. ::tu::
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Thanks. Curious to know if your Camp Knife there will change in different light too? Great looker no matter what. Also like those flat bolsters.
leggo

Post by leggo »

Ivoryman wrote:Thanks. Curious to know if your Camp Knife there will change in different light too? Great looker no matter what. Also like those flat bolsters.
I don't think it looks like it changes colors. Since I got it ,it has been sitting out on a table in dim light,daylight through the window ,and by lamp light and it seems to look the same. Thanks Ivoryman I like the flat bolsters too.I have a zebra wood one in the mail to me now ,hope it gets here tomorrow.I would buy the Autumn bone one too ,but I don't really care for the NACB shield on them ,to me it looks like a cartoon character. Here's a Whaler I have ,but the shield just doesn't look right to me. Same shield as the 98 .
Attachments
1460514259812.jpg
Ivoryman

Post by Ivoryman »

Wow leggo, superb color in that bone on the Whaler. I kind of like the bull shield.
leggo

Post by leggo »

Thanks Ivoryman , I imagine there's a lot of people that like that Bull shield if GEC is using them. One I do really like is the S&M File and Wire series shields.
leggo

Post by leggo »

Three out of four 98' s. I got the Kingwood this week.
These are my favorite GEC's ...at least until "hopefully" they will make some about an inch and a half shorter. 8)
Attachments
1460854444158.jpg
1460854496289.jpg
1460854700572.jpg
1460855245805.jpg
leggo

Post by leggo »

Here's 3 I got recently . 2 Beagles , and a 25 E-Z open . 8)
Attachments
Beagles & a Che Chen Wood 25
Beagles & a Che Chen Wood 25
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Leggo, i just read the last 2 pages here: you get a #98 Camp Knife and say how much you like it so i'm thinking of getting one if possible. Few posts later and you have ordered a second one. "Wow", i think, he really does like this knife. I gotta get one now. Few more posts and wham ! you have another big Texas Camp Knife ! mmm, is this becoming a problem ? and now # 4 Texas Camp Knife !
Neat, i enjoyed the read and never suspected that the number would grow beyond 2. Thanks because i feel less guilty for my recent GEC support payment.
Here is a "Coyote" with African Blackwood (180116) and a Northwoods "Esky" with mammoth ivory (on a GEC 74 frame, 3 7/8")
kj
Attachments
Picture 004.jpg
Picture 003.jpg
Picture 001.jpg
Picture 005.jpg
El Gato

Post by El Gato »

Beautiful Mammoth Ivory Joe. A big congratulations on that one!! ::tu::
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Thanks EG. It was a free for all rush at the KSF website. I quickly went through all of the mammoth that had just appeared(about 40 knives) and then went back to get the one that was a real stand-out. It was gone & i learned the lesson: grab the next one i see that i like and pay immediately. Do not take time to think about it or compare it to others.
I do not like shopping this way. I prefer to 'sleep on it', think about it for a day or so before committing to buy. However mammoth ivory is now so popular that grabbing the first decent one you see is the only way.
Then once you pay, the picture disappears from the website, so i did not know really what i had bought. When i opened up the package and saw this knife i felt relieved and pleased. It is quite nice mammoth on both sides.
It is a very good knife in all areas, basically a modification of the Case/Bose Tribal Spear with the Schrade named "Zulu" blade.
kj
El Gato

Post by El Gato »

kootenay joe wrote:Thanks EG. It was a free for all rush at the KSF website. I quickly went through all of the mammoth that had just appeared(about 40 knives) and then went back to get the one that was a real stand-out. It was gone & i learned the lesson: grab the next one i see that i like and pay immediately. Do not take time to think about it or compare it to others.
I do not like shopping this way. I prefer to 'sleep on it', think about it for a day or so before committing to buy. However mammoth ivory is now so popular that grabbing the first decent one you see is the only way.
Then once you pay, the picture disappears from the website, so i did not know really what i had bought. When i opened up the package and saw this knife i felt relieved and pleased. It is quite nice mammoth on both sides.
It is a very good knife in all areas, basically a modification of the Case/Bose Tribal Spear with the Schrade named "Zulu" blade.
kj
Gosh I know what you went through on that "scramble" to get a good one! Glad you made it work. ::tu::

That's pretty much what happened to me trying to get in on the tail end of the GEC Northfield #77 Balow series, SFO for Collector Knives. I was on an extended camping trip up in Northern British Columbia for a few months and completely missed out on Mike's SFO. When I got home I contacted Mike, but the Reserves were long closed and he was in process of shipping those Barlows. He later contacted me to let me know he had a couple left over and was posting them on the website. I immediately pulled up the website and started ordering from the few that remained and as I was ordering I watched the rest disappear within minutes. I managed to get just one out of the bunch, but fortunately I have acquired two more of the series from the good folks here on the Forum. Pretty "frantic" way to get our favorite knives but sometimes we gotta do what we gotta do. Glad you were able to get yours. It does look like an especially nice one. :D
Grump01
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Grump01 »

The other day I got an email notifying me of new product up for early reserve and looked at the website within 30 minutes and all were locked already. ::dang::
Don
El Gato

Post by El Gato »

Grump01 wrote:The other day I got an email notifying me of new product up for early reserve and looked at the website within 30 minutes and all were locked already. ::dang::
Wow! That's a pretty fast turn over for sure.
Some days "it's a jungle out there....." :shock:
JohnR
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by JohnR »

Really nice Mammoth Joe, I was involved in the mad rush also, kind of hard to believe a fairly expensive knife can disappear so fast. Here is the one I ended up with, very happy with it.
Attachments
IMG_5451.jpg
IMG_5453.jpg
IMG_5456.jpg
IMG_5457.jpg
El Gato

Post by El Gato »

That is beautiful John. Glad you were able to get one that nice. Congratulations. ::tu::
leggo

Post by leggo »

KJ those are really nice , I like those acorn shields , and both of those patterns.
Yea I guess I got a little carried away with those 98's. I go through phases with knives , now that I went through the Beagle phase ,its on to the 64 phase ::facepalm::
You are ABSOLUTELY RIGHT about the GEC SUPPORT PROGRAM...highly addictive !
I've been looking for a local chapter of GGG...a 12 step support group. :lol:
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

I figured if leggo needs 4 Texas Camp Knives, i need 1 at least. So i got one from Barry, it's the C.Campagna SFO Texas Camp Knife in Burnt Orange bone. Looks terrific. I have not followed the production of these 98's so i don't know why Charlie's SFO version is quite a bit more $$ that the GEC Northfield version. Shield is different as is bone jigging, all else looks identical. Anyone here got this figured out ?
However i came here to post another recently received GEC, an 85 pattern, SFO for Mike Latham, very nice with it's saber grind ("stabber grind".
kj
Attachments
Picture 009.jpg
Picture 008.jpg
leggo

Post by leggo »

KJ that is a beautiful 85 you have there ,what is the handle material ? ::tu:: :mrgreen: .There is no difference in the SFO Charley C that I can see besides the jigging,shield ,and color.
I got this 64 in the mail Saturday from a Great AAAPK guy . #22 out of 34 Sambar Stag .
After I saw your 85 ,I searched for one to buy...no luck yet. ::disgust:: It doesn't have to be a SFO ,I think that pattern would be really nice any material !
Attachments
1464142032805.jpg
1464142141002.jpg
1464142207225.jpg

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”