Variation of GEC 23 Woodland Micarta Pioneer

GEC specializes in highly collectable and premium quality usable pocket knives. The company's USA manufactured knives have quickly proven to be a big hit with both collectors and users who seek quality American craftsmanship.
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Variation of GEC 23 Woodland Micarta Pioneer

Post by kennedy knives »

Posted my Woodland Micarta Pioneer Pattern # 235120L in the 23 post didn't get any response.
I thought I would see if someone else got a Pioneer # 23 without Blade etch . ::hmm::
Sent a email to Great Eastern and they wanted me to send it back for etching which I didn't :)
If anyone else has one let me know . I ask GEC if it would be included in production total and got a big no :x
Post yours Thanks Gary
Attachments
IMG_9089.JPG
IMG_9092.JPG
IMG_9093.JPG
Beavertail

Re: Error GEC's

Post by Beavertail »

I think it looks better without the etch. ::tu::
Tim
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by kennedy knives »

Beavertail wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:11 pm I think it looks better without the etch. ::tu::
I like it without the etch Thanks Beavertail ::tu::
Sharpnshinyknives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Sharpnshinyknives »

kennedy knives wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:49 pm Posted my Woodland Micarta Pioneer Pattern # 235120L in the 23 post didn't get any response.
I thought I would see if someone else got a Pioneer # 23 without Blade etch . ::hmm::
Sent a email to Great Eastern and they wanted me to send it back for etching which I didn't :)
If anyone else has one let me know . I ask GEC if it would be included in production total and got a big no :x
Post yours Thanks Gary
Hey Gary, are these error knives more valuable? Just curious. I hadn’t seen any like this before. I better double check mine to see if the all have an etch.
SSk Mark “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.” Ronald Reagan
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by kennedy knives »

Sharpnshinyknives wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:06 pm
kennedy knives wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:49 pm Posted my Woodland Micarta Pioneer Pattern # 235120L in the 23 post didn't get any response.
Post yours Thanks Gary
Hey Gary, are these error knives more valuable? Just curious. I hadn’t seen any like this before. I better double check mine to see if the all have an etch.
Mark I got 4 of the Pioneer Pattern# 235120L and 3 of them had an Etch this one did not ::groove:: . They all 4 came from a GEC Dealer :D so that one had to slip by GEC'S inspection could be pretty rare ::tu:: ::shrug:: . That's why I wanted to see if there were any more out there ::shrug::
Matt_WY
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Matt_WY »

I have a GEC #29 grits with butter and molasses that has the pattern production premiere PPP printed backwards on the blade. I believe it was fairly common with this initial run, but I’m sure it’s still worth a small fortune...
7ED66A12-2C81-400E-BED3-E24A0C6A871B.jpeg
WTB: GEC\Plaza Cutlery 33 dog paw knife
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Knives that have 'mistakes' like missing etch or tang stamp upside down, etc. are not worth more. Collectors want a typical example in perfect condition, not an oddity.
kj
Froe

Post by Froe »

A long time friend and dealer told me once that he might get just a small amount more for a factory error if the right buyer came by his table. Maybe 10% if the buyer had an interest. But that was all he would expect.
Froe
rea1eye

Post by rea1eye »

I personally would not pay more for a mistake on a knife, but that is just me.

The knife without an etch is no big deal. I think it looks good as it is.

Bob
kennedy knives
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by kennedy knives »

Maybe I should have said Variation which the Woodland Micarta Pioneer Pattern # 235120L is a Variation 8) to me just like Different handles , Club stamp & ETC ::shrug:: it is not and error as a mistake to me and it would be nice to have a count on this variation so collector would know that they are out there ,I thought that's what AAPK was about ( Knowledge ) ::hmm::
Onearmbladejunkie

Re: Variation of GEC 23 Woodland Micarta Pioneer

Post by Onearmbladejunkie »

Darren Orrell did a real variation on my GEC#23 Northfield Antique Autumn Natural bone two blade knife. Oooops the large skinner blade in missing !
Kennys_03.jpg

Return to “Great Eastern Cutlery (GEC) Collector's Forum”