110 factory auto.

Hoyt Buck produced the first Buck Knife in 1902. Hoyt and his son Al moved to San Diego and set up shop as H.H. Buck & Son in 1947. Al Buck revolutionized the knife industry in 1964 with the infamous Model 110 Folding Hunter. The company's innovative history and attention to quality have made for many great collectible knives.
wazu013

110 factory auto.

Post by wazu013 »

110 Auto new for 2017.jpg
Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: 110 factory auto.

Post by gsmith7158 »

I would say that will be a must have. :shock:
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

^^^WHAT SMITH SAID^^^^^^^^^ ::nod:: ::ds::
"On the Road Again"Willie Nelson
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

Glad to see Buck build one for the knife market. I will be interested in handling one and perhaps owning one. OH
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

Wonder if it will have a big CHINA on the tang?
------------------

Greg

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
stockman
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by stockman »

The picture above says USA on the tang. Picture will enlarge, probably will be pricey.

Harold
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

gsmith7158 wrote:Wonder if it will have a big CHINA on the tang?
That would be the living end :oops: :x :x ::huff::
Old Hunter

Post by Old Hunter »

I've never seen, or heard, of a Buck 110 being made anywhere other than in the good ole USA. OH
Deep in the guts of most men is buried the involuntary response to the hunter's horn, a prickle of the nape hairs, an acceleration of the pulse, an atavistic memory of his fathers, who killed first with stone, and then with club...Robert Ruark
garddogg56
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by garddogg56 »

And we don't want an auto to be the first ::paranoid::
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

The last place I saw it listed, the knife will be less than $140.00. Come on, folks. The 1958 Switchblade Control Act did nothing to control crime and, for the most part, impeded little but lawful enterprise. This is one of the most historic knives since the establishment of the Korn Patent.

Embrace it!
wazu013

Post by wazu013 »

Here's Buck's Shot show releases. There's a little bit in there about the auto 110.
https://www.facebook.com/Buckknives/vid ... 542405483/
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

That's mighty tempting. Here in KY with a CCDW permit you can legally carry an automatic knife. That would be a serious contender for me.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
wazu013

Post by wazu013 »

Colonel26 wrote:That's mighty tempting. Here in KY with a CCDW permit you can legally carry an automatic knife. That would be a serious contender for me.
Same for me. I've had a Buck 110 and 112 for the better part of 40 years. I always had one with me at work on the loading docks and on every hunting or camping trip. When we were kids we always tried to get them to open with a flick. I'm at a stage now where it takes a pretty special knife to get me excited. I've already reserved a couple with Knife Center.
Captain O

Post by Captain O »

Unless Post Falls is outside of Peking, the 110 Auto will be manufactured entirely in the US of A.. (I want one with Buffalo Horn Scales, finger grooves and a custom S30V steel blade).

Oh, yeah!
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Some more info-

http://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/kni ... 53&t=50661

Sorry I missed your post, wazu.
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
wazu013

Post by wazu013 »

Click on pic for a blown up view.
buck-110-auto2.jpg
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

That looks really good. I can't see this being a limited issue.
------------------

Greg

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
hardman
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by hardman »

I received my new Buck 110 Automatic today. I like it. I'm still playing with it some, but here are some initial impressions.

First, it is the only Buck 110 Automatic that I know of with a factory warranty. You have to like that. Second, the fit and finish is excellent.Third, the knife is very responsive. When pushing the activation button, the blade responds in a hurry with a very audible click and locks up tight every time (so far). Fourth, the activation button is fairly flush to the handle scale, making carry in a sheath no problem at all. And, fifth, I believe the price is very reasonable compared to what some folks get for aftermarket versions. Made in the USA. (Have to love that!) And, finally, it comes with the standard Buck 110 leather sheath.

When closing the blade, there is obvious pressure on the spring, and when you get it fully closed you will hear another very audible click. That's a good thing IMO. Some may find it will take two hands to close the blade. Also, so far it appears the only way to open the blade is by pressing the activation button. (I know of aftermarket 110 autos that allow opening the blade manually.) Another difference I see is that the overall thickness of the Buck 110 Automatic is greater than a standard Buck 110.

I am surprised, however, that there was no 'Owner's Manual' or instructions that briefly detailed operating instructions and any care and feeding tips. Not that it takes a genious to know you are supposed to press the button to open the blade and press the release in the usual place to close the blade, but maybe there are some other things owners should know.

Again, so far I like it alot. Well worth the wait. (I had my order in for months.) As far as I can tell, it is a good value for the price. Looks just like the picture above. This one will get some use.
Gary

"Now it cuts like a knife, but it feels so right." Bryan Adams
Metalhead

Post by Metalhead »

Hardman, Is it still tight after playing with it for a couple months? I want one, but it would be good to hear about the durability first.
JB
sam eib

Post by sam eib »

There were some on gunbroker and Smokey mountain knifeworks had some too if anyone is interested.

Return to “Buck Knife Collector's Forum”